• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

anyone interested in a dss shaft changeover how-to?

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
i'm half way through doing a pair of dss level 2 axles. :cool2: if anyone is interested in a how-to i'll take pics but it means lots and lots of hand washing and tons of paper towels as that blue grease gets everywhere and i dont want it on my photo gear :eek:

i'm sure the procedure is the same whether its level 2 or level 5 since both need the inner joint changed over, if i understand things correctly.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
i'm half way through doing a pair of dss level 2 axles. :cool2: if anyone is interested in a how-to i'll take pics but it means lots and lots of hand washing and tons of paper towels as that blue grease gets everywhere and i dont want it on my photo gear :eek:

i'm sure the procedure is the same whether its level 2 or level 5 since both need the inner joint changed over, if i understand things correctly.

I'd like to see one unless it is just common sense stuff then never mind.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
My mechanic did it in a little over 2 hours but charged me for 3 for clean up etc.

DO NOT STRETCH OR REMOVE THE EMRGENCY BRAKE CABLE. The whole asembly should swing out of your way at the wheel area. That's what my mechanic did anyway, I wasn't there, he can't stand it when customers are there while he works.

My E-Brake was real tight afterwards but worked it's way loose after a few pulls. When I would hit the brakes to stop suddenly...the light would come on.
I noticed this on the way home. Owners manual say's it could be E Brake warning OR low fluid, both were true at the time. 10 miles later I still have the same amount of fluid and the emrgency brake works fine as well as no light comming on when I "hit" the brakes,,,go figure.

Had I not known, I could NOT tell the axles are there. Saturday I let the clutch out at 5000 and it bit, no spin, and I wasn't ready for that so I sort of let up and hit the gas again. Shitty launch, but axle breaker for sure "I" think. Not my level 2's though, they held up. So hopefully I just proved there purpose.

If I get the chance this Saturday, I'm gonna blast that bitch right out at 5000...I just got's to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info