• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Steed oil Seperator?

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
thats exactly what they're installing in this pic, taken sunday:

dsc_0174.jpg

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
i think its funny when people get all tweaked about the passenger side pcv when the drivers side has a valve and a tube too.

i'll take pcv over road draft any day. if you were really trick, you'll have a vaccuum pump pulling on the crankcase, not just engine vaccuum sucking it back in. ive heard from more than one engine builder thant a vaccuum pump on the crankcase is good for 15hp every time. suck it tight!

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I have it. It catches oil for sure. Had it on for about 100 miles and it's 1/4 of the way filled with oil. The position to drain is awkward, at the bottom of the catch is a plastic drain screw, you just hang to get something under it to catch the oil like a small tupperware container or cup.

Mike

Since 1964 said:
Did anyone install this and do they have to be emptied a lot?

Just curious, since the one offered for the GTO is like a coke bottle in size as apposed to the "shot glass" size Steeda has.

Please advise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info