• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tune Question

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
cobraj said:
Thanks, I have a chip from from vortech so I dont think I need a new one. What did they charge you for the tune alone.
What brand and model is your Votech programed chip? When I went they were only using Diablo Revolution software. Although they probably have opened up to more Diablo software since then.

S

Shane97Cobra

cobraj said:
Thanks, I have a chip from from vortech so I dont think I need a new one. What did they charge you for the tune alone.

I'm not sure who Vortech is using for their chips now, i'm guessing you won't find anyone local to reburn it. I would drop Bob Kurgan an email ([email protected]), he used Speed Inc's Dyno and tunes on like wed nights and saturdays. Bob has been a well known renagade racer for years. He tunes with SCT chips, Anderson PMS, FAST, BS3, etc.

cobraj said:
Yeah let me know what it is. Have you used them before??
I have not used them but heard good things thru Wickstrom Ford techs. I spoke to a couple of the guys there and they said to use midwest performanceonline.com. That's their website and the number is 847.462.9727 and they're actually located at 766 Industrial Drive Suite B in Cary. Hope it works out. If you decide to use them let me know how it goes. I could possibly even meet up with ya just to check them out myself.

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
yoshis99_cobra said:
I have not used them but heard good things thru Wickstrom Ford techs. I spoke to a couple of the guys there and they said to use midwest performanceonline.com. That's their website and the number is 847.462.9727 and they're actually located at 766 Industrial Drive Suite B in Cary. Hope it works out. If you decide to use them let me know how it goes. I could possibly even meet up with ya just to check them out myself.
I contacted them today and will make an appointment to go there when the salt is off of the roads. The guy I spoke with on the phone seemed very friendly and knowledgeable.

I have someone who tunes the SCT chips if you have one. He will come out to your house and do it. He will also go with ya to the Dyno place and help you find tune it there as well. He burned my chip, installed it and did a test drive with me all within one hour. He's got all the hardware with him so he doesn't need to take the chip, have it sent out or anything like that. He's very knowledgeable about the SCT chip and the tunes. He use to be the tuner for Dude's Performance before they went out of business. Now he's looking to do some "side" tunes at the moment but eventually hook back up with a shop and be their custom tuner expert. I can give you a name and number if you're interested. Right now I think he's only doing the SCT's.

cobraj

TCG Elite Member
Feb 7, 2005
yoshis99_cobra said:
I have someone who tunes the SCT chips if you have one. He will come out to your house and do it. He will also go with ya to the Dyno place and help you find tune it there as well. He burned my chip, installed it and did a test drive with me all within one hour. He's got all the hardware with him so he doesn't need to take the chip, have it sent out or anything like that. He's very knowledgeable about the SCT chip and the tunes. He use to be the tuner for Dude's Performance before they went out of business. Now he's looking to do some "side" tunes at the moment but eventually hook back up with a shop and be their custom tuner expert. I can give you a name and number if you're interested. Right now I think he's only doing the SCT's.

Ill let you know. For now im gonna go put it on the dyno and see if it actually needs a tune and then go from there.

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
yoshis99_cobra said:

How can this guy be reached? May have an employment opportunity for him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info