• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

John is tempted by the dark side....

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
Road Course Nuts That Are Pullied - How Small? A:F?

For those of you (you know who you are) that run on the road course, and are pullied, how small is the pulley? whats your a:f? do you overheat?

I find the factory setup to be a trouble-free combination at the track, but now that my car is coming off warranty (racking up the miles!) its time to consider the tiny pulley. i'm just loathe to tamper with a trouble free combo in the quest for MORE POWER.

"Never repair a working system" are words to live by.

But I find myself tempted by the dark side of easy power from simple bolt-ons.

fwiw I'm already GordsFord-equipped and now that spring is springing, I'll be Fluidyne-equipped shortly.
I thought only drag racers needed pullies? :p

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Kind of funny, look at this post less than three months ago:

11-06-2004, 08:32 AM

ShelbyGuy said:
tws or heartland seem to be the most central to everyone.

this past summer there have been SVTOA events at Gingerman and IRP which are near me in Chicago, but also at VIR and TWS. TWS doesnt seem that unreasonable for a weekend event for me.

2005 Schedules are firming up fast and I'm not sure I could get a date this late. Should we start with an SVTOA event or SCMC?

on edit: I run stock boost and I laugh at the guys that overheat. I run street tires and laugh as the guys with r-compound tires have to point me past. If you see me in your mirrors its because I'm quicker than you - point me past

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
yeah and now that the schedule is posted for 2005, there's a certain prepared corvette that smokes me every time at the solo1 autocrosses. now that my car is coming off warranty (hrmm but that ticking noise just appeared) its time to exploit the rule book a bit more. i'm just soooooo reluctant to tamper with a trouble free combination. more fun driving the car than working on it. especially at the track.

oh, and i already know that im quicker than all you chumps :D

this guy hands me my ass every time and im tired of bringing a knife to a gunfight.
dsc_0156.jpg

Mystic Terminator said:
Kind of funny, look at this post less than three months ago:

11-06-2004, 08:32 AM

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
no, those are hoosiers. Modified class allows any tire with a DOT number. I'm already taking a beating with the point assesment on the heat exchanger, might as well add the pulley too.

its my subframe connectors+jacking rails and the gordsford heat exchanger that pushed me straight through Prepared into Modified. In order to be competitive, I have to exploit more of the rules that are open to me.

to do it all over again, i'd leave the car alone and kick everyone's ass in Y/Stock.

doing both gingerman days again this year larry? i am!

PETSNKE said:
Those aren't street tires on that Vette are they John?

I'm still working on the "loose nut behind the wheel mod" this year :-o

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
its my subframe connectors+jacking rails and the gordsford heat exchanger that pushed me straight through Prepared into Modified.

to do it all over again, i'd leave the car alone and kick everyone's ass in Y/Stock.

If you want I'll come over to your "van by the river" and we can swap heat exchangers and grind off your subframe connectors. :biggthump

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
jOHN PORT YOUR BLOWER, GET A CAT BACK, GO 2.95 not 2.8 AND YOU WILL GET MORE hp LES tq BUT SHOULD RUN COOLER ALSO. yOU DONT NEED THE ADDED HEAT OR tq THE 2.8 WILL GIVE YOU. oops cap lock sorry not retyping.
Have Jon at Speed do your tune, you should be at a decent HP level for 1500.00 these mods are all you need since you have the HE

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
hj16 said:
Why not just go the Midpipe/Headers/TB/Plenum/Ported Blower/Tune route? Should get you 440+rwhp without the overheating concerns of added boost :dunno:

Isn't that a little week? I got 440RWHP with a CAI, CB, 2.93 and a tune.

I better get closer to 500RWHP even without headders or a midpipe with a ported blower CB, CAI, Twin Focus pumps & a 2.93!

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
its coming to that. with my point assesment due to the mods i already have, im in danger of getting pushed from Y/Modified into A/Race if I do any more modifications, and I DO NOT want to do all the things required to run in a race class.

but i still want to go faster...

perhaps i should just ditch the autocross thing and stick to open track/driving schools where i can build and run the car i want.

Mystic Terminator said:
If you want I'll come over to your "van by the river" and we can swap heat exchangers and grind off your subframe connectors. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info