• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

rough idle.. help..

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Flyn high again said:
Possibly fuel pressure sensor or whatever it's called. Hopefully one of the guys who've replaced theirs will see this and post. If this is the problem, it can be dangerous if it fails when you are getting on the car. You can get a lean condition and BOOM.
Like Cliff said, could be a crappy FRPS. I have an extra one you could pop on to see if it fixes your problem. :dunno:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Wiked03 said:
It sounds similar to how mine used to act before I got the stall flash, but I thought the 04s didn't need the flash. :dunno:

Maybe bad gas?

Yeah, I think the '04s already have the stall flash. The symptoms do sound similar to what I experienced before the flash. since the flash, no problems [knock on wood].

How about your air filter, Mike? If air's leaking in past the MAF it could cause problems like you are experiencing. My K+N leaked one time when I didn't have the gasket seated properly and ran rough. I reseated the gasked and retightened the bolts and that solved the rough running.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Flyn high again said:
How about your air filter, Mike? If air's leaking in past the MAF it could cause problems like you are experiencing. My K+N leaked one time when I didn't have the gasket seated properly and ran rough. I reseated the gasked and retightened the bolts and that solved the rough running.
Maybe your recent front end trauma loosened the filter up a bit? :dunno:

venom2

Dec 17, 2004
I would check to see if there is any concern with the wiring harness to any of the relays. (i.e. fuel pump, pcm relay) maybe go over and wiggle or make sure they are seated in the connectors properly.

If it has been in a wreck and some body work has been done. I would recheck all the grounds on the vehicle in the damaged area.

If you are concerned about fuel, take a sample and check for contamination. Change the fuel source.

Make sure there is no aftermarket modifications done that might cause this concern.

Monitor what happens when the concern is present, i.e. only on left turns, when you turn certain acc. on, like the heater etc. Check the level of fuel when present. Does it happen after a rain storm or when the car is washed.

Check for pending codes in the pcm. Fuel pressure gauge if you have one, tape that to the hood or winshield and monitor fuel pressure at time of concern.

Make sure vehicle charging system is operating correctly.

All preventative maintenance has been done correctly.

That would my starting point.

I would

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info