• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Who Will Go 9's At Msc3

BIG1INCH

Dec 17, 2004
Just Looking To See Who Stepped It Up For This Upcoming Season. Also Looking For Who I Should Avoid On The Street. My Personal Goal Is A 9 Second Time Slip In The 03' Before The Snow Flies Next Season. I Keep Telling Myself That Anything Is Possible With Determination But That Is Not True Or My Car Would Run 2's In The Quarter. Anyway Looking To See Some Badass Cars At Msc 3 And Hopefully We See A 9 Second 03' At Rt. 41 This Year Because I Know I'm Trying.

BIG1INCH

Dec 17, 2004
I Don't Know Why Everybody Put's Down The Hometown Track. If It Wasn't For Rt. 41 You Would Never Get To Race Your Car. Everybody Has Seen The Track A Little Bit Slick At Times But You Can't Expect Any Good Times With F1's At 45 Psi Either. I Have Seen Many 8 Second Cars At 41 And I'm Sure Someone Has Gone 6's At Some Time. Actually 41 Is A Good Built Track Just Not Always Prepped The Greatest. You Can't Tell Me That For As Cold And Crappy As It Was At Msc2 That You Can Bitch About The Track That Day. Imo If You Can Just Dump The Clutch And Hook On The First Try You Would Only Make One Pass Because You Know Your Car Can't Go Any Faster. Rt. 41 Isn't Perfect But It's All Some People Have.

P

PearlBlue L

that turbo gt, 97 i think ran, a 9 something at msc2.... that track is the worst track i have ever been to as far as apperance of the area and stageing... it looks run down compared to GLD or some tracks ive been to in VA.

i think the only reason we go to 41 for msc is cause of the fast cars that dont have their safety stuff...

S

Shane97Cobra

BIG1INCH said:
I Don't Know Why Everybody Put's Down The Hometown Track. If It Wasn't For Rt. 41 You Would Never Get To Race Your Car. Everybody Has Seen The Track A Little Bit Slick At Times But You Can't Expect Any Good Times With F1's At 45 Psi Either. I Have Seen Many 8 Second Cars At 41 And I'm Sure Someone Has Gone 6's At Some Time. Actually 41 Is A Good Built Track Just Not Always Prepped The Greatest. You Can't Tell Me That For As Cold And Crappy As It Was At Msc2 That You Can Bitch About The Track That Day. Imo If You Can Just Dump The Clutch And Hook On The First Try You Would Only Make One Pass Because You Know Your Car Can't Go Any Faster. Rt. 41 Isn't Perfect But It's All Some People Have.

Took the words out of my mouth. At both the MSC events I was cutting 1.45 60' times. The track wasn't that bad, just need to get a set of slicks, street tires don't work well on a drag strip surface.

So what is your combo Big1Inch? What's up with the MPH on your 11.5 pass? Shutdown? Show's some good potential it so. I hope to be making some 10 second passes at the next event...but then again I have one of those slow 97's. :eek:h:

Later

BIG1INCH

Dec 17, 2004
I Believe We Raced In Heads Up At Msc2. The 11.51 Was A Shutdown And I Have It On Video To Show. In Round One Of Heads Up At Msc2 My Opponent Broke So I Sat At Pre Stage For A While. So Sitting In Pre Stage I Shut The Car Off. Next The Lady Runs Up To Me After They Push The Broke Car Out And Tells Me To Stage And Run, So I Go And Shifting Into 2nd I Noticed I Forgot To Turn Off The Tc. So Anyways I Ran Out To About 1000' And Shut It Down Because There Was No Way This Was A Good Run. Pull Up To The Booth And See 11.51 @113.xx. This Sux I Think. So Next Round I Miss 3rd But Was Faster To That Point On The Slip. So Now I'm Thinking My Car Has 11.2- 11.3 Potential And I Go Back Later And Only Run 11.55. The Cold That Day Helped Alot And I Guess I Will Never Know What The 2.8 Non-ported Combo Would Do Because It Is Gone And New Combo In The Works. Nines Is A New Personal Goal.

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
US 41 gives us a lot of lead way when it comes to racing. We just about have everything our way and that is why I like it. I have never seen any other racers being allowed to dry off the track with their cars. This was a first and we were the ones to do it. Doesn't that make you feel special? US-41 will work with us for whatever is reasonable.

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Cobra Dude said:
US 41 gives us a lot of lead way when it comes to racing. We just about have everything our way and that is why I like it. I have never seen any other racers being allowed to dry off the track with their cars. This was a first and we were the ones to do it. Doesn't that make you feel special? US-41 will work with us for whatever is reasonable.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Well said Harvey

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Cobra Dude said:
:headbang:

The track dry off kicked ass... I wish someone taped it

S

Shane97Cobra

BIG1INCH said:
I Believe We Raced In Heads Up At Msc2. The 11.51 Was A Shutdown And I Have It On Video To Show. In Round One Of Heads Up At Msc2 My Opponent Broke So I Sat At Pre Stage For A While. So Sitting In Pre Stage I Shut The Car Off. Next The Lady Runs Up To Me After They Push The Broke Car Out And Tells Me To Stage And Run, So I Go And Shifting Into 2nd I Noticed I Forgot To Turn Off The Tc. So Anyways I Ran Out To About 1000' And Shut It Down Because There Was No Way This Was A Good Run. Pull Up To The Booth And See 11.51 @113.xx. This Sux I Think. So Next Round I Miss 3rd But Was Faster To That Point On The Slip. So Now I'm Thinking My Car Has 11.2- 11.3 Potential And I Go Back Later And Only Run 11.55. The Cold That Day Helped Alot And I Guess I Will Never Know What The 2.8 Non-ported Combo Would Do Because It Is Gone And New Combo In The Works. Nines Is A New Personal Goal.

We probably did race, just can't remember all the cars now. I don't need proof on your 11.5 run, was just curious what happened if you only trapped 113, could have been a very nice pass.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
It was a Blue Fox Body that ran a 9 second pass at MSC1. I think 11.2 was MSC2's best.

As far as MSC 3??? If I were you guys I wouldn't even show up cause I'm gonna blow ALL YOUR DOORS OFF! You guys will be riding home like the Beverly HillBilly's!

:joke: I'm just having fun.

I can't wait, I had a ball both times and believe me, my troubles were NOT the track. I hooked like a Bitch there. I had new BFG's both times, and most likely will this time too.

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
Pappa Norm - US 41

Hi Guys, Sorry for the sad news. Pappa Norm of US 41 passed and the wake will be Saturday, February 5, 2005 from 2-7. 112 Main Street Peotone IL. The Funeral will be Sunday. Their Office number is 708-258-3302. I will be going to the wake Saturday at 2 PM.
Harvey

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info