• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Good dealer to have my SVTF inspected @?

jocus

Dec 22, 2004
Greetings,
Just signed up in this forum as I have been on FF and FJ for a while.

I am going to be taking my SVTF to get looked at soon to inspect a few things:

- cruise control won't turn on unless I drive a while, stop and turn the car off, then get going again. Seems to coincide with the cold.
- Slight grinding sound from the front with each wheel revolution at lower speeds. Also a gets slightly worse when slightly turning. Maybe a wheel bearing?
- misc strange occurrences.

Anybody recommend any Chicagoland dealers that will treat me right? I've recently had huge problems getting rental reimbursements, and previously had even greater problems getting serious problems diagnosed.. like wires going to the distributor being completely corroded and the car shutting off while driving :p

There are a couple dealers I don't ever want to go back to, but I won't list them yet, just to see what kind of feedback I get here.

Anyone ever actually get a loaner and not a rental?

Thanks!!

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Sutton Ford in Matteson :)

They have a performance shop that is a sponsor here, and the guys will make sure you get treated right. I chose to go there because I knew that Randy and Doug would make sure I was treated right, I can talk to them as friends, and I know that they wont see my mods and hassle me about them when Im only asking for a paint job.

jocus

Dec 22, 2004
sooo.. I am completely fed up with Joe Cotton up in Carol Stream at this point. I see people Suggesting I go to Sutton. Do they still exist?

Anyone have words about Packey Webb? They are close to my workplace and sponsor SVT events.

Also.. I've just ordered four new rotors and pads from batinc I can do myself, but would rather pay someone with the right tools to do it. Any suggestions on local techs thatll install parts bought elsewhere? Tried to get some EBC rotors/pads installed on my old zx3 a couple years ago, and nobody would help me - "we only install what we sell"

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
I had a ton of work done on my SVT Focus at P Webb.
The service dept did a good job on the clutch issue (whole thing was a mess). They reflashed the computer and turned the rotors...allthough I thought they should have been replaced :(
I got an estimate for some minor body work and they were pretty high...
And I wouldn't reccomend or Trust their Sales Dept!!!! Happy to expand on that if anyone is interested...

??? What do you want for your Steeda Tri Ax? How about the rims???

jocus said:
So am I correct in understanding that Sutton is an SVT dealer and also has an independent performance shop in the same locale?

(my shifter was sold btw.. and I am hanging on to the wheels in potential partial trade for a motorcycle)

Yes Sutton Ford has a High Performance department.....Give us a call we can take care of your SVT Focus.....we have worked on many.....Thanks

Sutton High Performance
21315 Central Ave.
Matteson,IL 60443
708-720-8500

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info