• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

First Pulls on the Whipple

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
First Pulls on the Whipple (16 psi)

Got my base Whipple Tune from RWTD and wandered over to CJ Motorsport to make a few baseline pulls. The attachment shows my Whipple street tune (16 psi on 93 octane) vs. my previous best run with the Eaton@14psi. This Whipple tune has conservative timing, but was a little lean for my taste. I'll be getting a slightly richer tune from James shortly (with a few other tweaks). All in all not a bad investment for almost 100hp gain (more to come on the 18 psi pulley). Since the 16 lb pulley was slipping a bit, I'll be waiting until I get the new Reichard Tensioner before trying the 18psi pulley.

I see Dan got similar results and had a very worthwhile trip to Hermann's. :hail:

Now all we're waiting on is Painter :dunno: .

WhippleVsEaton.jpg

P.S. - The numbers come out to 582hp/537tq if you use STD instead of SAE, but since I've always used SAE that's what I posted on the graph.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
venmousracer said:
Hey Larry Im wondering how much the car will make with race gas and on 22psi of boost, hehehehehehe, Eddie give me a call sometime

First I need to find out what it can REALLY make at 16 psi. The belt was already slipping, the small pulley wouldn't do anything at this point. I'm looking into either the Whipple tensioner or the new Reichard Racing tensioner.

Dan,

How's the Whipple tensioner working for you?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Larry,
I didn't get the Whipple tensioner. I had the BilletFlow and used that.
I plan planning on getting the Reichard Racing manual tensioner. I think there is a lot of slip that may be attributed to the stock tensioner spring not able to handle the load of the Whipple.

I'll use the manual tensioner with the upper idler and see what happens.

Waiting for a price from Hermann.

I think with the Whipple tensioner, the stock spring loaded tensioner is still required. That may be a large part of the problem. Under more normal conditions, the spring is ok, but with the Whipple or KB, it's not strong enough to prevent bounce at higher speeds. And bounce will = slip.
We'll see...

Dan

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
Most of us are building a lot of power and that includes me but what I need help on is how to get better traction. How can we get off the line without blowing through our torque curve. My car with M/T ET Streets spins the tires all the way to third gear. Any ideas on getting better traction? My buddy's 500 CI Mopar is killing me all the way through third gear. I just make it to the end of the track nose to nose. He has an automatic. My speed is 121 mph and his is 119 mph. Traction is my problem. I need help for the 2005 racing season.
Harvey

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
gnxs said:
Got my base Whipple Tune from RWTD and wandered over to CJ Motorsport to make a few baseline pulls. The attachment shows my Whipple street tune (16 psi on 93 octane) vs. my previous best run with the Eaton@14psi. This Whipple tune has conservative timing, but was a little lean for my taste. I'll be getting a slightly richer tune from James shortly (with a few other tweaks). All in all not a bad investment for almost 100hp gain (more to come on the 18 psi pulley). Since the 16 lb pulley was slipping a bit, I'll be waiting until I get the new Reichard Tensioner before trying the 18psi pulley.

I see Dan got similar results and had a very worthwhile trip to Hermann's. :hail:

Now all we're waiting on is Painter :dunno: .

My car wont be done untill the end of april larry, by then I should be able to get the 20psi one thats not made yet. I will probably run with the 16psi pully for the street and more for racing. I am also keeping a close watch on you and dan to see what you guys are doing. Oh hey did you fix that whipple pully spin off thing thats happening?? Dan?? what should I do about that? I dont think my exterior caulk will hold it!

Ray

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Painter said:
My car wont be done untill the end of april larry, by then I should be able to get the 20psi one thats not made yet. I will probably run with the 16psi pully for the street and more for racing. I am also keeping a close watch on you and dan to see what you guys are doing. Oh hey did you fix that whipple pully spin off thing thats happening?? Dan?? what should I do about that? I dont think my exterior caulk will hold it!

Ray

Ray,
Did you get your replacement stickers yet? If not, just call them and tell them you were part of N4S's GP.

I haven't done anything about the pulley issue yet. I am actually waiting to see what Whipple does about it, if anything.
Doug already has a fix for it, if Whipple drops the ball.
The fix is fast and easy and should do the job, but I have time to wait to see what Whipple comes up with.
Apparently, the problem will only arise at certain times and they can be avoided fairly easily.
So, for now I would do nothing.
I'm sure Larry will be conversing with Whipple since he has developed quite a rapport with them :argue: And he will keep us posted.

Hey, Merry Christmas Ray and everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Got my stickers already on!! I do believe that the second GP over at amazon had the fix for this already done on there units prior to shipping so we are the only ones with the "early run" ones. Hey thanks for the insight into changing the studs, its very easy about 45min a side. I had to order the ones from moroso but they only came in a longer length so I had them cut at a machine shop. I have since changed my mind about going to HBH, I am now going to Lideo just north of Detroit @ Alternative auto Performance. He is also highly recommended, and alot closer. So have a merry christmas everyone!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info