• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Amber turn lights like a Vette

saras03Cobra

Sep 8, 2004
I want it to turn on automatically, without pulling the light knob.

I have my fog lights switched to on, so if I pull the light knob, both the amber lights and the fog lights come on.

I just want a way to have my amber lights automatically come on when I start the car without the fog light on (Until I pull the headlights knob at night). It works this way with Corvettes and many other GM cars.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
saras03Cobra said:
I have my fog lights switched to on, so if I pull the light knob, both the amber lights and the fog lights come on.

I just want a way to have my amber lights automatically come on when I start the car without the fog light on (Until I pull the headlights knob at night). It works this way with Corvettes and many other GM cars.
Isn't that because they have Daytime Running Lights? Is that what you want, DRLs?

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Those are the DRL's daytime running lamps on the vette. For our cars all you need is the DRL fuse which is standard in Canada. But, it will run your high beams at 50% power or something, or the low beams, it won't turn on the amber lights - that's a GM thing.

saras03Cobra said:
Do you know how to have the amber turn signal lights automatically turn on when you start the car? Corvettes have this feature that really makes the car stand out in the day time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info