• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Please make the shift light go away

I

IxL4

How oh how do I get rid of the shift light? I cannot stand it anymore. At first I thought I may get used to it and I smiled politely, but now I slowly realize that with each time it turns bright yellow it reminds me of check engine soon or that something is wrong. This will not stand. I must get rid of this horrible devil for good. Please tell me how. There must be a way.

Oh and if someone knows the person who thought it would be a good idea in a car of this caliber, please give me their address.

I've been searching but have not found anything good.

Cheers!

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
IxL4 said:
How oh how do I get rid of the shift light? I cannot stand it anymore. At first I thought I may get used to it and I smiled politely, but now I slowly realize that with each time it turns bright yellow it reminds me of check engine soon or that something is wrong. This will not stand. I must get rid of this horrible devil for good. Please tell me how. There must be a way.

Oh and if someone knows the person who thought it would be a good idea in a car of this caliber, please give me their address.

I've been searching but have not found anything good.

Cheers!
You can always yank the bulb! :dunno:

Attachments

• Instrument Cluster Removal.pdf
    91.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Instrument Cluster - Rear.pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 49

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
Please feel free and call 1-800-FORD-SVT to thank them for the brilliant idea.

(If it wasn't their idea, they know who thought of it!!!!) :headbang:

While you're thanking them (sarcasm), please also thank them for the IRS. That was a brilliant peace of engineering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info