• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New rims are on, plugs are in, pulley, idler and boost gauge are on.

Shanezam203

Regular
Jul 22, 2004
I finally got the car where I want it. I got the Cobra back in middle of July and I waited about a month or so till I ordered parts for it. First I put on exhaust, an air filter, predator can tune, and a 2.93 Lightning pulley on. I was real happy with the increase in boost and power.
Then I wanted a little more power so I got a 2.80, w/ an idler and put in new plugs and got a custom tune. Once I installed the new pulley and the custom tune, i was amazed. I also put on Rey Hiltons boost overlay. I was seeing around 12psi with the 2.93 now with the 2.80 I am seeing 15#'s.
I wasnt a big fan of the 10th anniversary rims so I swapped them out with regular Cobra 5 spoke rims and I really like how the car looks now. I just wanted to pass on some pics, and thank everyone for the help along the way. I didnt get a chance to get it on the dyno or to the track, I will let you know how it does as soon as I get #'s.

Cobra-vi.jpg

RedPics44-vi.jpg

blowerfront-vi.jpg

CleanFinishedpic-vi.jpg

More pics in my sig
Thanks again, Shane

Shanezam203

Regular
Jul 22, 2004
Flatliner said:
Looks good Shane! I personally like the rims on the red though... maybe get them dipped in chrome??
Yeah I liked the 10ths too because they were original. You didnt see a lot of them around. But I really liked the 5 spoke cobra rims better in my opinion on a red car. On a silver or black 10th I love the rims. The car did look good, I just like it better with the new rims. I still have them if I ever change my mind.
DSCF0008-vi.jpg

DSCF0005-vi.jpg

DSCF0021-vi.jpg

RedPics8-vi.jpg

RedPics46-vi.jpg

RedPics2-vi.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info