• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Brake Light ????

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
When I am on the throttle real hard and then let off my E-brake light on the dash goes on for a few seconds.

Also brakes squeaken a little too sometimes. I got 12k hard miles so far, a lot of runs up to 120 and back down again on the back roads.

Time for new brakes, any Ideas?

If so what combo and and where is da best prices? I am thinking Power Slots, Hawk pads, and SS brake lines.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I went with factory pads and had the rotors cut, but I got a deal on the pads...call around and try to get them or use Hawk pads...people like them.

OR buy the Rouche Alcon system for 3500 + install and smash your face on the windshield when you slam on them. I hear they are awesome.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
10th03cobra said:
Cool thanks, I will read into it. I refilled if yesterday but won't be driving her much this year.

I noticed my suggestion went from bad to worse...I can jusy imagine what the Alcon pads cost to replace.

Little something else you should know.......

Your not supposed to refill the brake fluid. Sure it makes the pedal feel better, but when the mechanic pushes back the piston in order to put in the new pads...the extra fluid will come spilling over the top of the resevior. Make sure you let them know so they can pull some out first.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I did not know that. I didn't go over the max fill line at all so I think it should be ok. I will remind my guy when I go with some new stuff.

Are our pads ceramic or normal????

Since 1964 said:
I noticed my suggestion went from bad to worse...I can jusy imagine what the Alcon pads cost to replace.

Little something else you should know.......

Your not supposed to refill the brake fluid. Sure it makes the pedal feel better, but when the mechanic pushes back the piston in order to put in the new pads...the extra fluid will come spilling over the top of the resevior. Make sure you let them know so they can pull some out first.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
10th03cobra said:
When I am on the throttle real hard and then let off my E-brake light on the dash goes on for a few seconds.

Also brakes squeaken a little too sometimes. I got 12k hard miles so far, a lot of runs up to 120 and back down again on the back roads.

Time for new brakes, any Ideas?

If so what combo and and where is da best prices? I am thinking Power Slots, Hawk pads, and SS brake lines.

I have the same e-brake light problem...

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I don't know what kind of pads we have. I just know I love my brakes for saving my ass a few times, but I hate the dust...this shit's getting old...I may try the most dust free for the next time.

Also if you get your rotors cut make sure the guy doesn't go passed the painted line around the hub. What used to be grey is now rust on mine due the moron who cut mine didn't notice and ran all the way to the hub. My rotors were not warped at all and the cut was as minimul as possible....so what they're rusting now...I hate incompetance. These cars are so freekn unique it causes trouble.
:headbang: :idea:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info