• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Whats the deal?

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
HaHaHaHa...
Just wait until you ad a O/R pipe :)
I usually have to turn her over twice - on the 2nd time, she seems to start pretty quick...but then it's time for the high idle. Not even freezing out and I have to let her warm up for a couple of minutes.
Need to get one of my Stangs out of the garage so I can keep the daily driver in there over the winter...glad we have those heated seats!

rmanley

rmanley_CBQ_SVT
Mar 30, 2005
My '03 was giving me some greif at startup and @ cruisin' speed. It acted like it was "rubber-banding" I told the tech it seemed like a plug was fouling.
They did the PCM upgrade and it was fine all winter. I usually depress the gas while starting and sometimes I have to go to the floor. BUT it doesn't start like my V6 Grand Am, turn the key no peddle.
When the car was new it died in traffic. It was taken to the dealer and they replaced the cat, did a tune up and some other parts. There was a fued between the ( Joe Rizza, Orland) Ford regular mechanics and SVT HQ as to what needed replacement. SVT won. I don't think Rizza has SVT certified mechanics on the payroll so when they have an SVT product they have to call in for advice and permission. So I was supprised when I took it in for the jerkiness and they told me it was an update that wasn't done.
Rizza was recommended by a SVT focus owner I met in Palos Hts. I wouldn't whole heartedly support them as they failed to diagnose the BANGing noise I get when I come off the clutch too fast. If you know what that is please let me know.
Rob
CBQ SVT 6 :argue:

FirstPlaceOils

FirstPlaceOils.com
Nov 20, 2004
rmanley said:
My '03 was giving me some greif at startup and @ cruisin' speed. It acted like it was "rubber-banding" I told the tech it seemed like a plug was fouling.
They did the PCM upgrade and it was fine all winter. I usually depress the gas while starting and sometimes I have to go to the floor. BUT it doesn't start like my V6 Grand Am, turn the key no peddle.
When the car was new it died in traffic. It was taken to the dealer and they replaced the cat, did a tune up and some other parts. There was a fued between the ( Joe Rizza, Orland) Ford regular mechanics and SVT HQ as to what needed replacement. SVT won. I don't think Rizza has SVT certified mechanics on the payroll so when they have an SVT product they have to call in for advice and permission. So I was supprised when I took it in for the jerkiness and they told me it was an update that wasn't done.
Rizza was recommended by a SVT focus owner I met in Palos Hts. I wouldn't whole heartedly support them as they failed to diagnose the BANGing noise I get when I come off the clutch too fast. If you know what that is please let me know.
Rob
CBQ SVT 6 :argue:
id have to hear the banging noise ....but i bet iits the rear mount...they make couple of nice aftermarket ones

rmanley

rmanley_CBQ_SVT
Mar 30, 2005
SHADYNINJA said:
id have to hear the banging noise ....but i bet iits the rear mount...they make couple of nice aftermarket ones

iT SOUNDS LIKE A 10LB SLEDGE. I HEARD IT LAST WEEKEND IN MOLINE WHEN I CAME OFF THE CLUTCH A LITTLE QUICK. I WASN'T TRYIN' TO MAKE ANY NOISE HONEST. WOULD THAT AFTERMARKET MOD SCREW WITH THE EXTENDED WARRANTY?
I'M WORKING ON MY SCHEDULE TO GET TO MEET YOU FOLKS, CAN'T WAIT.
I SAW A LITNIN, COBRA & CONTOUR SVT ON THE ROAD AND ALL BUT THE GUY IN THE CONTOUR WERE COOL AND WAVED. THE CONTOUR GUY LOOKED PRETTY OLD AND PISSED OFF AND HAD A MEAN DENT ON THE FRONT FENDERWELL, MAYBE HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE HAD. :cool2:
ROB

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
CrawlnSVT said:
I'm not mod'n the Focus its to slow to start with :dunno: I just dont want to come out one moring when really gets cold and it not start, there's know reason why a brand new car should start like this....

See if you can have the dealer check the fuel pressure. If the regulator is messed up it won't throw a code. :dunno:

rmanley

rmanley_CBQ_SVT
Mar 30, 2005
SHADYNINJA said:

Thanks, I tried the web site but couldn't find the mounts. Could you give me a link or call or soething? Will the aftermarket mounts mess with the warranty? OR Should Ford fix the mounts? Can I install them myself?The turbo sounds cool buy wifey says no, besides I got too many trains to buy.
We'd like to come to the next G2G but Bev works on Sat. a lot, she gets off @ 5 so evening cruises are cool.
rob

A

Adman

Hey all the cold start is just a part of the tune..its a bad one. Your best bet is to get the SCT tune or the Predator tune..those things liven the car up you'll think its a totally different car. And the loud bang is the tranny mount. They use the same one in the regular focus so the new one can't hold the extra torque. Spend $100 and buy the VF-Engineering mount aka the Focus Sport mount. This is also money that was well spent on my part! Hope this helps!

rmanley

rmanley_CBQ_SVT
Mar 30, 2005
Adman said:
And the loud bang is the tranny mount. They use the same one in the regular focus so the new one can't hold the extra torque. Spend $100 and buy the VF-Engineering mount aka the Focus Sport mount. This is also money that was well spent on my part! Hope this helps!
Thanks mucho. I'm so revved, my first "mod" not counting the RED grills. Since I posted this the thumping has gotten more frequent, or I'm getting harder on the car. I've heard it when I'm not trying to chase some neon.
Are there any vendors you'd recommend? And I'm thinkin' I should have Ford put the part on since it has an extended warranty. {:<]>

A

Adman

rmanley said:
Thanks mucho. I'm so revved, my first "mod" not counting the RED grills. Since I posted this the thumping has gotten more frequent, or I'm getting harder on the car. I've heard it when I'm not trying to chase some neon.
Are there any vendors you'd recommend? And I'm thinkin' I should have Ford put the part on since it has an extended warranty. {:<]>

umm..I doubt they would do any of those things..it is a aftermarket modification so they would say no. or they would charge you. The rear dogbone /tranny mount is so easy to do. You can buy it from Focussport.com or newedgeperformance.com Tony D there is a great guy and easy to work with. For the tune its about $345 buy SCT and you can get it from hypnotic automotive ..his website is http://www.hypillauto.com/ ...wayne is also great to work with. Another mod is the short throw shifter and ORP. You can get those from Newedgeperformance.com as well..All those mods and you will love your Focus so much more!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info