• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Warning, Gas Pedal stuck

J

Jpatte

For those of us at my meeting on saturday Oct 9th, one of the Cobra owners had his gas pedal stick underneath his carpet. It didn't just happen once, it did it twice. I looked at his carpet, it appears that the carpet was cut out to low. Thus allowing the metal linkage to get caught underneath of it. Its a scary thought! I also looked at several other cars, most of them had the same design. Alot of the cars the carpet was coming loose. So be careful... I fixed mine by putting a sign on the dash that says, never put the pedal to the metal. ya right.. Carl are you out there, let us know how you fixed it. (Carl had the red coupe down at the far West end.)

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
<--- I'm here.. :)

The 2nd time wasn't bad at all (low speed). The first time, it was midnight on a dark empty road & I was messin with a Firehawk at around 120mph. That woke me up. :D

It's still not fixed. I have to bring the car in to have the tranny looked at, I'll yell at them about the carpet when I'm there. :biggthump

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
Jpatte said:
For those of us at my meeting on saturday Oct 9th, one of the Cobra owners had his gas pedal stick underneath his carpet. It didn't just happen once, it did it twice. I looked at his carpet, it appears that the carpet was cut out to low. Thus allowing the metal linkage to get caught underneath of it. Its a scary thought! I also looked at several other cars, most of them had the same design. Alot of the cars the carpet was coming loose. So be careful... I fixed mine by putting a sign on the dash that says, never put the pedal to the metal. ya right.. Carl are you out there, let us know how you fixed it. (Carl had the red coupe down at the far West end.)

The dealer fixed the problem. New Carpet & Pedal. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list