• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Buying a 96 cobra any input

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
10th03cobra said:
What are the best mods for the money for these cars. It has a abuilt rear end with 4:30 in it. What else is the basic mods?

With that kind of gear in it you could go with IRMC deletes. What kind of mileage does the car have on it? The only issue the 96s had was the overheating TSB. Some cars in certain climates were prone to overheating and had a larger radiator installed.

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
In todays market in excellent condition I'd say the car is worth about $9k tops

Have you're buddy look at it, see what he would charge a stranger for repairs and throw a offer at him. He could probably give you a good idea from just seeing those pics.

If it was a black on black vert and you took a pass on it, I would be waving $3500 in cash at the guy and haggle from there.
A 96 vert and 97 coupe would look nice in my garage :D

S

Shane97Cobra

I wouldn't really do the IMRC deletes unless you are really wanting to squeeze every last ouch out of the stock long block. The IMRC deletes will make it sure rough(almost seem like a miss) down low, not to mention rob even more low end TQ. I do agree w/ Petsnake, they may need cleaned at some point. Let me know if you even need help w/ that, had the intake off my car a million times.

I would recommend like somone siad, shifter, exhaust, gears. But for sure pulleys and a timing adjuster if you are not going to have a chip done...and there really isn't any need on those cars untill you go power adder.

The 4.30 is a good gear, but the 4.56 will get a little more ET out of it and isn't but 100 RPM different cruising. Will make the car a bitch in the winter though.

That is all a good starting point. Let me know if you want more info. I think i've tried just about any thing when I was trying to go 11's on the stock motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info