• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone in the area that can help me install my diff brace?

Shanezam203

Regular
Jul 22, 2004
IRS_Girdle01-vi.jpg

It came a week or so ago and I just havent had time to get it installed. I am near the track in Joliet rt66. I live between Joliet and Naperville, south of Chicago. I dont know if anyone has done the diff brace before and mind watching over a new guy. If anyone can give me a hand, please drop me an email, or post on here. Thanks a lot, Shane
[email protected]

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Shanezam203 said:
IRS_Girdle01-vi.jpg

It came a week or so ago and I just havent had time to get it installed. I am near the track in Joliet rt66. I live between Joliet and Naperville, south of Chicago. I dont know if anyone has done the diff brace before and mind watching over a new guy. If anyone can give me a hand, please drop me an email, or post on here. Thanks a lot, Shane
[email protected]

Sounds like a job that might be able to be done at the Mokena meet?

Shanezam203

Regular
Jul 22, 2004
I think I found a guy that can help me with the diff brace. Thanks man.
Anyone else in the area done a boost overlay? I need some help getting that installed, I had a hard time getting behind the dash to the boost gauge, and I dont have a hand pump to calibrate the boost gauge.
Thanks again, Shane

Shanezam203

Regular
Jul 22, 2004
Dan thanks much for offering to help. Its real nice having all the guys offer the assistance. Hank offered to lend me a hand. We were going to try to do it one night during the week. If that falls through, I'll plan on taking my car over to your place.

I think Im going to be able to get my hands on a little hand pump (my buddy has one for bleeding breaks) with a little pressure gauge on it. So I can calibrate my boost gauge/overlay. It'll be nice getting the boost overlay on, the custom tune loaded, and irs brace installed. Then all I'l have to do is plugs. Exhaust, and 2.93 went right on.

Thanks again everyone for the information and assistance. :cool1: Shane

Shanezam203

Regular
Jul 22, 2004
Flatliner said:
PS.. the boost gauge behind dash? You could tee in behind the glove box... that is for aftermarket gauge... and still have stock gauge work...
It isnt an aftermarket boost gauge. It is just an overlay. I needed to recalibrate it because I have to pull the needle off, and break the tab so it can go beyond 10psi. The overlay goes to 16. If that doesnt work out accuratly, I'll get an aftermarket boost gauge and just T into the boost vaccuum line in the back. :cool1: Shane

Shanezam203

Regular
Jul 22, 2004
blowerfront-vi.jpg

Hey Dan, how are ya? Sorry I havent been on the site much lately. I've been real busy with work. I was able to get the 2.93 off, and 2.80 on last weekend, and I changed the plugs out, and installed a 100mm idler. I just havent gotten around to doing the diff cover. Can I still take you up on your offer of assistance? The best day for me is a Sunday afternoon. I am going to be putting my car away pretty soon, so I'm not in any rush. (i dont think I'll be making any passes in the quarter mile till 05)
Let me know if we can still do it one of these nights. I'll try to get out your way. Thanks again, Shane

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info