• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

f**kin belt blew!!

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
So I am driving around shaumburg with my date and we got onto 90 going west when I was doing about 80 and my friggin belt blew. Tore the shit out of my hood liner and belt fragments everywhere! my battery light came on and came to a stop just outside the roselle exit. I had a flatbed truck come pick me up and take it to my house. I hope by blowing the belt I did not mess anything up on the engine. Well I think I will just put another belt on and get a spare I guess to carry with me. I just dont understand why I keep going through belts though cuz my belt alignment is right on and everything seems to be aligned properly. I had a 74 gates on with a 2.8 and no idler. I had problems even with an idler so I dont know what to do. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

wahoo

Regular
Mar 7, 2004
Painter said:
So I am driving around shaumburg with my date and we got onto 90 going west when I was doing about 80 and my friggin belt blew. Tore the shit out of my hood liner and belt fragments everywhere! my battery light came on and came to a stop just outside the roselle exit. I had a flatbed truck come pick me up and take it to my house. I hope by blowing the belt I did not mess anything up on the engine. Well I think I will just put another belt on and get a spare I guess to carry with me. I just dont understand why I keep going through belts though cuz my belt alignment is right on and everything seems to be aligned properly. I had a 74 gates on with a 2.8 and no idler. I had problems even with an idler so I dont know what to do. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Get a lighter date!! Quit feeling sorry for those farm girls!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info