• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Supercharger Upgrade.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
I was looking into upgrading my supercharger amongst other things. I've been looking at the 2003-2004 4.6L Cobra Supercharger Upgrade Kit
with a Black finish from whipple for $3095.00.

Now as far as pulley's they have a 3.5" a 3.25 and a 3 available.

I would have to upgrade the suspension for the car to be able to handle that kind of power/torque. Anyone have any suggestions as far as anything?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
VenomInside said:
I was looking into upgrading my supercharger amongst other things. I've been looking at the 2003-2004 4.6L Cobra Supercharger Upgrade Kit

I would have to upgrade the suspension for the car to be able to handle that kind of power/torque. Anyone have any suggestions as far as anything?

Don't get greedy with the boost. Which ever pulley gives you 15 lb, don't go any smaller! Make sure you get all the required support equipment (injectors, pumps, MAF, tune, etc.) Oh yea I almost forgot, get friendly with a good traffic attorney. :eek3:

As you know, we're both considering the same thing. :headbang:

Don't pull the trigger before you let me know, as I think 3-4 might get us a group deal.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
My attorney is pretty good. He got the charges dropped from my friends DUI case, and the cops had very good evidence. So i think he's pretty decent. Yea, i'd be in for a group buy i just got to get the money. Also, remember were talking about how that one company (dont remember which one) can port our superchargers, will it benefit if we buy the whipple and get them ported?

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Amazon Racing has a kit, Whipple, custom MAF, Aviator pumps and new injectors. That's all you need plus the Amazon racing tune or chip.

Big bucks. You'll be making well over 500 RWHP, and you'll need to upgrade your halfshafts with a nice DSS Level 5 kit or go solid axle - otherwise plan on breaking halfshafts.

Oh yeah - and it's assumed that you did a catback, x-pipe, intake, throttle body, and whatever suspension upgrades necessary (subframe connectors, etc). I know you recently acquired your 04.....

Mike

VenomInside said:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Whipple

I'm going to see if I can get them on the phone and also contact Amazon, as ChicagoMike mentioned a complete package from them. Maybe we can get a group savings on the whole package.

If work permits some time, I'll have some more information today or tomorrow.

Mar 26, 2004
gnxs said:
I'm going to see if I can get them on the phone and also contact Amazon, as ChicagoMike mentioned a complete package from them. Maybe we can get a group savings on the whole package.

If work permits some time, I'll have some more information today or tomorrow.

Please add one more to the interested list. :D The Amazon deal would probably be more attractive to me because I require pumps, injectors, MAF, etc...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info