• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Nittos are on!

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Got the 315 Nitto DRs on yesterday. Running 28 psi at the moment. Haven't had a chance to experiment with pressures. Any suggestions? I want them to last for a little while, if possible. 2nd gear no longer has a traction issue and first gear is actually useable again, but just stomping it from a dig or slow roll still gets some wheelspin. However, even with the wheelspin I get some decent forward motion, not just a smokeshow. With minimal practice I think real good street launches will be the norm.

I was embarrassed how bad an auto LS1 took me out of the hole the other day (3 cars :eek3: )....even though I flew past him in third gear ;)

If I raced that same car with these Nittos, I doubt he'd believe it was the same car. :cool2:

Mar 26, 2004
gnxs said:
Got the 315 Nitto DRs on yesterday. Running 28 psi at the moment. Haven't had a chance to experiment with pressures. Any suggestions? I want them to last for a little while, if possible. 2nd gear no longer has a traction issue and first gear is actually useable again, but just stomping it from a dig or slow roll still gets some wheelspin. However, even with the wheelspin I get some decent forward motion, not just a smokeshow. With minimal practice I think real good street launches will be the norm.

I was embarrassed how bad an auto LS1 took me out of the hole the other day (3 cars :eek3: )....even though I flew past him in third gear ;)

If I raced that same car with these Nittos, I doubt he'd believe it was the same car. :cool2:

These fit on Stock 17" rims, right? How about cars that have been lowered (~1.5")? What are people running on the fronts (stock tires, something else)? :confused:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
03'CobraVert-10th said:
These fit on Stock 17" rims, right? How about cars that have been lowered (~1.5")? What are people running on the fronts (stock tires, something else)? :confused:

The fit on the stock rims, but I can't speak into whether they'd work on a lowered car. However, I looked under there and I can't see why there would be clearance problems on a lowered car. I'm sure somebody has the combination of lowered car, nitto 315s on the stock rims that could answer this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info