• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

need help making a decision

tonydahose

Regular
May 7, 2004
im going to get the gears(4.30's) put in next week...question i have is whether or not to go with a chip or a flasher....chip is 300 and flasher is 400...dyno tune is gonna be 300 no matter what...the question is do i need a flasher...pros it lets you put the stock program on if you need to(warranty is over) it lets you read codes(but i am not that mechanically inclined to do much with them unless it is a simple fix) ...you can have a variety of programs on it but i plan on staying n/a so i think the one program would do...what do you guys think?

ps...i am having it done at one of the sponsors...sutton

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
The flashers are definitely easier to use, and have the added bonus of being able to read error codes. Just plug and go. You can e-mail new tunes. The only downfall being you can't flip to a different program with a switch (ie - from a street program to nitrous when a race presents itself).

The chips make you scrape the goo off the pcm, install them, and run a switch for a flip program. For tune adjustments, you'd have to pull the chip out and mail it back to the tuner.

As long as you're not concerned about warranty, decide whether you need multiple programs with flip capability, or if you'd rather not have to monkey with installing a chip. Any AutoZone will read error codes for free anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• tonydahose
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list