• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Getting head...

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
...ers. So here's my question/s.... The blower is being removed today and sent to apten on monday, in the mean time I'm shopping for a set of long tubes and was looking at kooks. I noticed they have about four different sets. 1 5/8" with 2 1/2" collectors was what I was going to get and then I saw the 1 3/4" with 3" collector. Are the 1 3/4" too much? I also saw that hooker has a 1 5/8" set with a 3" collector.. I don't even know off-hand if anyone makes a 3" exhaust for us, I thought they were all 2 1/2".. :dunno:

I'll also be adding bigger (55-60lb) injectors and once all this is done expect to be seeing about 550 hp, however I'm not sure if I should go the focus route or the BAP route. Any feedback? Thanks.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
First off, you wont hit 550rwhp by just adding an Apten and LTs.

If you are staying with the Apten for awhile hold off on the injectors. As for the Headers, I have Kooks LTs, 1-5/8th primaries with a 2-1/2" Collector. I put them in myself, with the motor and K-member in, and... I couldnt imagine how hard itd be to put 1-3/4" in there that way. Id say to go 1-5/8" until you get serious and actually toss in a built shortblock, then while you have easy access, go bigger.

As for the install, save yourself 10hrs of frustration by dropping the K-member. It will make your life MUCH easier. And a lift is a godsend.

As far as pumps go, get the BAP. With the headers and ported blower you should end up around 490~ based on what numbers you have listed. The headers wont give you big, if any peak numbers, but the TQ gains below 5000, and the HP gains above 6000 more than make up for it. And the sound is unbeatable :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• KTs03
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list