• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Gunna ask it... Sorry. What next?

J

johnnyangel

Hey guys, new to the board. Just picked up an 03 black on black vert about a month ago...she moves just fine, but i had a 94 gt with a 331 with a lil boost on top of it, and this thing just needs more...kick you in the ass "UMPH"..the expressway ramps are fun as hell though. Anyways, I have the Borla Stinger and K&N CAI, and that helped. But now what? I'm thinking pulley, but I don't want to kill the warranty. If anyone around here can do it without galling or marring...let me know...im thinking like 2.8. Good overall use on the street. Has anybody had an experience with H&R springs as well? Looking for the 1.5 (REAL 1.5) drop, tighten it up. Also, a shop...I used to go to 21st Century, good friends with the guy. Closed now, unfortunately. I live in naperville. Thanks a lot guys and thanks for your patience

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Hey welcome to the board! Check my mods in my sig. Go with the 2.75 and go balls to the wall. Why wouldn't you? The car is awesome with all the mods and the car runs like a bull with its balls cut off! Hey, was your GT Teal with painted Cobra Rs? B/c I think I saw it on Sunday by 59 and *88* when I was in my Cobra with my old Girl. The one I saw was whistling like a muther. Peace
Andy

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
johnnyangel said:
Hey guys, new to the board. Just picked up an 03 black on black vert about a month ago...she moves just fine, but i had a 94 gt with a 331 with a lil boost on top of it, and this thing just needs more...kick you in the ass "UMPH"..the expressway ramps are fun as hell though. Anyways, I have the Borla Stinger and K&N CAI, and that helped. But now what? I'm thinking pulley, but I don't want to kill the warranty. If anyone around here can do it without galling or marring...let me know...im thinking like 2.8. Good overall use on the street. Has anybody had an experience with H&R springs as well? Looking for the 1.5 (REAL 1.5) drop, tighten it up. Also, a shop...I used to go to 21st Century, good friends with the guy. Closed now, unfortunately. I live in naperville. Thanks a lot guys and thanks for your patience

Welcome!!!
I got H&R ss springs sitting in the Garage, waiting to go in. I have heard they are the best to date from my research. I work at NIU in Naperville if you ever want to see the car, I should have them in when I get back from Vegas next week. JLT makes a really good cold air kit and I am waiting for mine since I am ditching the UPR CAI. I am going for the pulley once my Predator comes in also and I am not sure what size to go with.

J

johnnyangel

Thanks for the replies guys. It was always nice to hear someone on Corral or SVTPerf. say hi, but to know that someones runnin something in the same TOWN as me is awesome. I'm in Naperville, by the way. With 2.75 i was worried about over spinning and heat soak. This is 90% street car, so stop light to stop light is how I run it, so if its busy over heating, then it would be pointless. I figured 2.95 or 2.80 would do it, 2.80 being the most likely choice, but at what cost yano? Also, where are you guys getting your stuff done?! And no, my GT WAS black with chrome cobra rs. Shes gone now, "fleeing and eluding officer" charge took care of that one, especially since it was totaled by the end of that whole ordeal. So now ive got this. Go figure. Shes sitting in the garage waiting for me to get the ol license back....hehe

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Since you are gonna pulley it, might as well go balls to the wall :biggthump

No-Slip 2.75 and 4 piece Idler setup from www.Billetflow.com
Magnaflow Catted X pipe www.partshopper.com
Diablo Predator R12 www.AmazonRacing.com
H&R SS Springs www.tirerack.com (PM RobertsonRacin, he'll hook you up)
BFG 275 DRs www.tirerack.com (same deal as above)

The pulley, mid-pipe, and tune is worth an extra 60rwhp/100+rwtq over what you are at now. The car will be an entirely different animal. And thats why the BFGs are a wise investment :cool1: No, you're car will not have problems overheating. My car has been pullied and abused for 7500miles now with no signs of overheating :headbang:

If you can make it out to US41 Saturday for MSC you'll be able to meet the owner of Billetflow yourself and maybe buy some goodies. As well as meet many board members, and see how different combos work at the track.

Hank

J

johnnyangel

thanks a lot- that helps! I'll try and make it out, although its going to be hard just to be an observer! Also, with the pulley i need the diablosport, which means i need someone to do it. Speed inc quoted me 950 for the pulley, install, the predator, and the dyno tune- is that about right? thanks again

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
johnnyangel said:
Also, with the pulley i need the diablosport, which means i need someone to do it. Speed inc quoted me 950 for the pulley, install, the predator, and the dyno tune- is that about right? thanks again
if the $950 includes the Predator and Pulley+Idler install, then yes its a decent price. Please make sure to get Idlers though. With a 2.75 pulley and no idlers you'll be slipping like crazy and will never see full boost.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info