• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Belt did nothing and how to calibrate TPS.

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
That was the THIRD time I had to post that because the other two errored when going to post.

The snout is making the same noise at the same place with the new belt. I REALLY sounds like my snout bearing is dying.

I cant get the TPS voltage any closer than 10% of what it should be. How exactly is it suppose to be put on?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Sorry to hear the belt didn't solve the noise problem. A blower bearing failure is pretty rare, that was why I was so sure it would be the belt. Plus the very recent experience with Mike's car.

AS far as the TPS voltage, first check the most obvious- is the meter set to the correct scale. I am sure it is, but sometimes those get bumped.

Second, check to see that you are using the correct wire to read the voltage.
one should have the supply voltage~5.00 volts
another shoud have the TPS voltage.
I am pretty sure that is the center wire in the connector on the TPS sensor. That is the one to monitor. I use a large pin to probe the connector.

Later,
Dan

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
With the bearing noise is it OK to drive or is it bad and the noise is the force of the motor moving it? It's an excuse to get a 2.8 and full dyno tune.

The directions for the TSP say to use the bottom wire(when connected to the TPS) for the ground and the middle for the positive wire. Maybe I'm jus not getting a good enough connection? I'll check it out tomorrow.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Well, the bearing noise is going to get worse before it breaks, so I think you'll have some warning before it goes out completely. I would replace it as soon as possible.

Just as an afterthought, with the belt off of the blower, try turning and spinning the blower shaft by hand. Do you feel anything unusual or does it feel rough and make noise then?

Use the center wire to read the voltage and a chassis/engine ground for the ground, not the other wire in the connector.

Dan

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
I just fixed the TPS voltage without issue. I guess I needed a few minutes away from it.

I didnt try to spin it without the belt but i can still get 12psi without issue. Will it just stop spinning and melt the belt? I guess I have to schedule an appointment at Speed Inc soon. I was given a link to a company that sells the snout with a 2.93 for $330, is that a good price?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• shanker
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list