• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anybody have a pulley puller?

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
I do have a pulley puller...but it is originally for the Eaton M90 in the GM L67 (Grand Prix/Regal). I've used it on them a few times, but never on a cobra yet.

In talking with Terry at South Florida Pulley, he told me that the only modification necessary to this pulley tool to make it work for a cobra would be cut off about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the backing plate to clear the intercooler lines.

I have not yet done this as saddly I do not have the tools that could complete this in less than a 1/2 hour.

If you have a means to get it sawed down, and are willing to try on your car I can get it to you this weekend, anytime after 3'ish Friday.

Of course if anyone has the tool for the job I'd say that would be the best bet...but if there are no other offers, let me know.

-Josh

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I should be at the meeting Saturday. I'll bring my puller.
If you are going, we can do it there. Someone else had mentioned swapping theirs out also.

Just out of curiousity, who's pulley did you buy?

Now to remember to put it in the car...

Dana

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info