• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Installed MRT off road H this weekend...

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
and it is LOUD with the flowmaster catback. I need some more time to get used to it, but right now it seems a little raspy for my taste. But it may grow on me. Big difference in the fumes/smell department too.

Car felt real strong after install, but it was cold this weekend too, so I am sure that helped. :headbang:

Install wasn't too bad. Started Friday night, but had to quit due to lack of proper tools. The passenger side bolts were a bitch to reach, and I didn't have a swivel socket. :mad: I was away all day Saturday, so didn't finish it till Sunday. Once I had the right tools, the rest was pretty simple. But is a damn good thing I have some skinny friends! The pipe fit very well, the only thing I don't like is that the crossover part of the h is just a slip on connection. It doesn't feel very secure. :( I may just throw a clamp on there for peace of mind.

After driving it for a while, I think it might have a small leak somewhere. Need to check it out again. :dunno:

All in all, I am happy so far. Will the sound change at all over time?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
If the smell is inside the car, then it has to be that slip on... you shouldn't smell anything in my opinion... something is loose or that clamp needs to be put on.

Don't be getting all giggly on us and just hanging out in the car to get high off the fumes!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info