• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Losing Boost...?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Click Here For Thread

So the question was this...
If you put an exhaust on a car you lose boost, so what happens if you leave the exhaust restricted(stock) and add a pulley? Does this mean that your boost is higher?
My assumptions would be then that car would make more HP cause of the boost, but the TQ would be less than a car with exhaust, comments?

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Yes, that means that boost will be higher than if you had exhaust. But you will be putting extra strain on the engine and holding back its potential. Boost DOES NOT = Power. Boost is a measure of restriction.

For example: I had a AR CAI, 2.90, Chip with stock exhaust. I was in reality probably seeing 14psi. Numbers were 421/451. I had significantly opened the Intake side, but the stock exhaust was still plugging up the engine. I then added Longtubes, X and Cat Back. The car revved a ton faster, smoother, and felt like it was straining less above 5000rpms. Im probably seeing 12psi now, but am making 458/492 with a shitty tune.

The whole idea behind making power is to have the engine be running as efficiently as possible. This means having an equal balance between having an unrestrictive Intake and added pressure (boost) and freeing up the Exhaust an equal amount.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Flatliner said:
That is what I figured thanks hank... so where you been? You mean you have a life of the board??
Me and two friends decided to road trip to Southwest Missouri State for the weekend. Two nights and we blew through 80~beers, handle of Jager, two handles of Vodka, some Soco, and probably some other shit I cant remember. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flatliner
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list