• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ever run 1/4 in high wind?

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I went out for my first time at the track today, down at US 41. I knew it would be windy but I didn't know which was the track faced and wanted to go regardless. The wind was awful though. 20-30 mph sustained winds directly coming at you there. Anyway, I know that everyone was feeling the wind as there was one other L there that should have been running high 12s but couldn't come in under 13.3. So, just to get a rough idea, has anyone run in real high headwinds like that and how much did it affect your 1/4 times and mph?

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Cough, cough, 13.9's all day, cough. :dunno: I expected much better, although the wind was really bad, and it was hot. I figured I should be closer to mid 13's with the pure stock setup I have. I got a lot of runs in though, which is what I wanted for my first time out just to get a feel for the tree and launching and all. But now I'm heading out for some parts. Boost bypass kit, PCV fix, and a cold thermostat to start. It was basically run after run, so I ran hot the entire time, showing 92-95 degrees (C), which couldn't have helped either.

All in a good day's work though. Let the modding begin! :headbang:

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
It's so hard to decide. But the present mod budget has a new head unit, speakers, and some subs coming for the spring. Hopefully by the end of summer I can start working on the real plans: CAI, 5 lb lower, plugs, predator (or SCT) tuned by Apten. Then maybe FT valve body, some Nitto's to go with it, and a Bassani to give it a little bling.

SCARED4

The Power Adder Killa
Mar 9, 2004
Ya running into the wind blows literally. Me and my brother went to Byron on Sunday the wind was awful. My MPH was off by 3 and my et was off by as much as 6tenths. My brother's was off by 6MPH and his et as much as 1 whole second. Damn what a crappy day oh almost forgot the reason we even decided to go was a friend of ours purchased an 03 yellow Cobra and if it's any indication his best (traction limited of course) on his completely stock right down to the air silencer was 13.54@103MPH :dunno:

SVTJES

Mar 27, 2004
ILLINI-SVT said:
Well dammit then I'm just going to have to get another tnt day in before I start modding this thing. When are we going people? I need stuff before MSC.

Well I finally could not wait any longer and installed a couple of mods this weekend. I went with the FTVB, 4x4 deep pan, filter, 4lb lower, JDM tune, TR6 plugs gapped at .036, CAI, EV153 PCV valve, and crankcase breather. Needless to say the truck has been awakened! The FTVB shifts like a bat out of hell, 1-2 shift at 1/3 throttle barks the tires with ease! Makes for the ultimate driving experience. :headbang:

SVTJES

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
It's good to hear you got your stuff together Jes. It must be great to drive it with the 4lb'er on there! Let me know what you get out of it if you take it to the track soon.

For that crankcase breather, is it the one that replaces the oil filler tube or one that fits in the PCV tube on the driver's side?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info