• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dynoed the '03 today....

tim lester

Mar 5, 2004
I went to get the '03 dynoed today. Got to the dyno facility (CJ Motorsports) quarter after 12. I drove the car onto the dyno (in ground) and got it strapped down at 12:30.

Mods are:

•12” K&N
•2.80” SFPH Non-Slip Pulley w/ 3 Piece Idler Set
•Predator Programmer (Custom Tune)
•Borla Stinger Cat-back

I made my first pull. I was disappointed with the results. It put down a measly 425RWHP/ 442 RWTQ. I then made another pull. The outcome was about the same. On the 2nd pull the car made 423RWHP/ 446RWTQ.

I advanced timing 2% via Predator and made another pull. The outcome was 445RWHP/ 464RWTQ. Now we’re getting somewhere. I was happy to see such an increase. I again advanced the timing another 2%. I made another pull and the car made 453RWHP/ 475 RWTQ. I advanced timing another 2% which was a total of 6%. The outcome was 456RWHP/ 481RWTQ. Then I added 2 more %, but the car didn’t make anymore power, so I put it back to 6%. The total amount of timing was 23 degrees at 6500 rpm. The air/fuel ratio could be tweaked a little more. I will talk with James aka RWTD (Runnin’ With The Devil) about this.

I am very pleased with the results.:burnout:

456RWHP481RWTQ.jpg

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
very nice numbers!

after hearing the opinions on SVTP that lowering the timing with the Predator is a good thing... I initial pulled 2% out on my first run at High Speed..

Interetsing that you made goobs more power with increased timing..

tim lester

Mar 5, 2004
Jack, here's what James (RWTD) had to say about the increase in power.

Tim's Predator already had -10% timing pulled out of it, so when he loaded the custom tune, the 23 degrees that I had called for in the custom tune was really like 20 to 21 degrees max from 3k up. So when he took it back to 0%, this is why his car responded with more power, and hence he finally got to his 23 degrees that I asked for. I just talked with Tim on the phone and went over what needs to be done to "Reset" the Predator *before* one loads a custom tune in it, if that Predator already has end-user modifications made in the end-user adjustments. All in all, 456 rwhp and 481 rwtq is GREAT power, and almost exactly the same power that I see every time I dyno a car with his *exact* same mods. I'm glad he is pleased, because I am!

Tim

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info