• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dana's Pulley Cover Mod.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Here are some pics of the pulley cover that Dana modified to fit over his 3 idler pulley setup.

Attachments

• Dana mod 1.jpg
    Dana mod 1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,240
  • Dana mod 2.jpg
    Dana mod 2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Dana mod 3.jpg
    Dana mod 3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,734
  • Dana mod 4.jpg
    Dana mod 4.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,439

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I figured I had done enough damage to the hood blanket, so I thought I would try it and it worked pretty good.
Now to take the blanket off and clean the belt residue off the hood.
I think I may just leave the blanket off for now, depending on how the paint looks underneath it.

Throwing belts at 6000 RPM isn't good for the hood blanket. I wish I would have done it sooner.
Think Ford will warranty the hood blanket??? :joke:

Dan

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I have only seen one hood that I would replace the stock one with and I could never find out anything about it. I think it was an aftermarket though, but I'm not sure. It's been so long, I even forget what it looked like.

Not that there aren't others that would look great on these cars, it's just that I haven't seem them yet.

If I do find one that I like, I will change it.

It does look better with that hood liner gone, I think.

Dana

Attachments

• No Blanket1a.jpg
    No Blanket1a.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,634

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Modified

Modified

Larry and I were looking at the difference, and let me tell you we had to walk back and forth a few times to see it... so I figured I would post a different angle for you guys. Thanks Dana

Attachments

• DSC01126.jpg
    DSC01126.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 585

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Dewalt03cobra said:
How did your hood blanket get shredded? Did you shred a belt, or is that just caused by the belt dust particles flying off?

I was having a belt alignment issue for a while, thus the destroyed hood blanket.
It's fine now, but I left the blanket off and never replaced it. I liked the look better anyway.

Dan

03mineralg

Dana said:
I have only seen one hood that I would replace the stock one with and I could never find out anything about it. I think it was an aftermarket though, but I'm not sure. It's been so long, I even forget what it looked like.

Not that there aren't others that would look great on these cars, it's just that I haven't seem them yet.

If I do find one that I like, I will change it.

It does look better with that hood liner gone, I think.

Dana
Dan, you really need to think about an aftermarket blower or a few mods.... :pat:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info