• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need recommendation to fix 2nd gear hiccup local

imbuggin

Addict
Mar 15, 2007
I was looking for a recommendation to have someone look at an issue I Am having with my car. The guy who used to do all the custom work for me is MIA.

Basically, if I nail it in 2nd gear there is like a small hiccup and then the car takes off. It could be some sort of fuel issue? I have no idea. The issues are many things needed to be custom made to work with my car, but this seems to be more basic. The car is a panoz esperante with an 01 cobra engine in it with a PSC-1 procharger pushing 9.5 lbs., boosta pump (turned down) twin focus pumps ect. I never had an issue prior ( I didn’t even need the boosta pump turned up), this just came out of nowhere? Anyone have a suggestion on who I can get to look at it around the Chicago area?

imbuggin

Addict
Mar 15, 2007
The plugs may be a good place to start! But wouldn't it be in all gears not just 2nd if it were the plugs?

Yeah it only happens in 2nd gear for 1 second. My gauges do not show it going lean, but I could have missed it since it happens quick.

anyone have a good person who could look at it for me?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Hans is pretty much a one man shop and is likely slammed right now. If you can't get ahold of him, I'd recommend Tim at Mr. Norm's Garage. Hes tuned my car twice and done work on the motor as well. Would highly recommend him if you cant get in touch with Hans.

imbuggin

Addict
Mar 15, 2007
U don't need a shop u need a person that knows how to tune ur car. PM me if u need some info on a great tuner.

Chad, I am thinking it must be something mechanical not in the tune. The tune hasn't changed and either has the car setup. I can't see how the tune would go bad. Tomorrow I am getting it at least plugged in to do the diagnostics and see if anything shows.

I could get into speed inc in mid may the earliest, can get ahold of Deans, any other suggestion out there?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Chad, I am thinking it must be something mechanical not in the tune. The tune hasn't changed and either has the car setup. I can't see how the tune would go bad. Tomorrow I am getting it at least plugged in to do the diagnostics and see if anything shows.

I could get into speed inc in mid may the earliest, can get ahold of Deans, any other suggestion out there?

Does it only surge in second?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info