• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Put a value on my Broken Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I have too many cars. Too many projects.
I have to learn to let go of things, because Im a hoarder of sorts. (Just with cars :D)

03 Satin Silver
Whipple 2.9
Built 4.6 with mildly ported heads, GT cams and Livernois Springs.
9.5:1 Compression
SW Longtubes
Return Fuel system with triple Fore Hat, Walbro 342's, -8 feed, -6 return, Fore rails....E85
Proformance TH400 with Brake, Ultimate converter and Huge trans cooler with Fan. Gear Vendors OD, B&M ratchet shifter.
Nation's electric Alternator with remote voltage regulator.
Lowered in all 4 corners.
10" rims in the back
Normal mods to the IRS including DSS Level 2's
Really nice interior with Gray inserts.

The bad: It dropped a valve seat on #8 last fall. I drove it right to the garage and it has sat since.
I have a QA1 K-member to go with it, uninstalled.
I also have a BNIB killer Chiller uninstalled.

So, with a little elbow grease and less than $1000 in repairs/parts, you'd have a badass Cobra.

Whats it worth? :-o

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
If I fix it I wont sell it.

I just wanted to see if I could avoid a ridiculous loss selling as-is.

Ive let my hobby get the best of me lately and its affecting my relationship with my woman. I have to re-program my brain to give her 51% of my time like I once did.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If I fix it I wont sell it.

I just wanted to see if I could avoid a ridiculous loss selling as-is.

Ive let my hobby get the best of me lately and its affecting my relationship with my woman. I have to re-program my brain to give her 51% of my time like I once did.

Valentine's day strikes again.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
find a new girl. j/k.

your reputation on this board is pretty good but thats only going to go so far as there probably isn't anybody SERIOUSLY interested in it.

in the real world you would be lucky to get 12k broken.

heres an idea. sell it for 12-15k with the contention your going to fix it for someone provided they pay for the labor and parts. take the deposit, fix the car and pick up the remainder. that way your forced to sell it once its fixed....win win.

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
If it was me, not on a time crunch or hurting for money, I would part out all the high dollar aftermarket stuff with partial trades towards stock stuff. That cobra with built / hurt motor, eaton and stock trans worth about 8-10k. I would have to guess u can prolly get back 6-8 k in your aftermarket items.

Way it sits 12-13k. It's a beautiful car, low miles but age kills it, already 10 year old car. Loan would be high interest or cash buyer.

I would be happy to swap blowers and alt. with you if you decide on part out.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
The entire point of me estimating its value was to gauge whether or not Id be willing to let it go as-is..... SO I WOULDNT HAVE TO WORK ON IT.

I appreciate your responses. I paid 12k for it broken with no 'impressive' parts on it, Im certainly not going to lose my ass for nothing.

/thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info