• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tranny Install

bronxbomerss2

Mar 22, 2011
trying to put my tr3650 back in and i can't get the darn thing to line up, i keep getting to high and keep hitting the frame of the car or when i get to close i keep hitting the fingers of the clutch, anyone who has had any experience installing the tr3650 please send any helpful info my way, i just installed my ram hdx clutch and i would like to get this car on the ground ASAP and enjoy what little good weather we have left before winter comes all to soon! thanks guys!

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
box is on the right track........ as soon as you disconnect your trans your motor has no ballast in the back of it anymore. it has a tendency to "fall forward".

you need to jack up your motor a little bit in the front so that your motor is on an angle and your trans wont hit the floor before it gets near the motor. you shouldnt need to loosen the motor mounts to do that.

bronxbomerss2

Mar 22, 2011
wow i totally forgot i made this post ive take the trans out twice already, once to put the new one in and once more because i couldn't remember if i torqued everything correctly and it bothered me to high hell lol but i could do it in maybe 3 hrs from start to finished taking out and putting it back it, pretty straight forward minus the 3rd started bolt, that alone took me 1-2hrs lol but im getting a damn lean code on my CEL light and i can't figure this out! i think it might be a vacuum leak somewhere but im not 100% sure, i got code P0113 (lean bank 1) so i replaced both 02 sensors to be safe and yepp both of the old ones were bad they gave no reading at all, so that fixed the problem for a day then the code came back, decided to replace the fuel filter since idk when that damn thing was changed but thats where im at today, the code went away after i cleared it and ill drive it more tomorrow, but basically the idle is off, it sounds like a exhaust leak but there is not a drop anywhere, the whole exhaust is new, BBK Shorty headers, MAC o/r H, Magnapacks, all less than 1k miles, so if anyone has a SCT obd reader i think that tracks the 02 sensors im not 100% sure but i think it does if they could come over and lend me a hand or anyone with experience lmk im tired of guessing otherwise im gona have to go to the darn dealer :( thanks guys sorry for the super long post!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info