• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2.8 KB Cobra falling on face 21 psi

sonicsaleen

HISSN TT
Mar 19, 2009
Okay trying to get my car tuned and the car is falling on its face at 5000 rpms. Fuel pressure does drop a little..
2.8 kb 21 psi.
running meth injection
60lb injectors
twin gt pumps
-8 line
kb bap
sct 3000

Cant really figure out what my problem is. i replaced the frps for fun and its not that. Car has a base tune in it to drive and break in new engine.. Also doesnt want to go from a stop.. But that could have something to do with the tune..
Could i have a volt problem.. trying to figure it out so i can finish my car. idle psi is about 23-25 and cruise is about 40 psi I havent really wot the car but my tuner said it would drop pressure. Car only has 13k miles with brand ford engine. no check engine lights or battery light

sonicsaleen

HISSN TT
Mar 19, 2009
well its not really a break in tune.. Engine is already broken in really. Its just tuned for what the problem is. So im not sure if its a fuel pressure problem or spark. When i drive the car it runs fine.. When i stop at a light and try to go it looks to hold about 35-40 psi but the car doesnt want to go.. I almost have to rev it to 2500 rpms and let out of the clutch to get the car moving.. It has brand new plugs ngk plugs gapped at .26.. could it be maybe the fpdm failing..

fastcarjoe

Regular
Mar 2, 2004
Give Mark at WeaponX Performance a call. Get the coils and plugs he recommends. I have a similar setup and the meth/water is very hard to light off and my NGK BR7EF's weren't getting the job done. Totally BLACK. I also noticed while I was removing the coils that the connector for the secondary lead on the coil itself was loose on 4 of 8 coils. And burnt. My car just never made the power it should have and felt like it was getting less and less. I sprayed water near the coils and she died out. Got the coils and plugs and I am so happy with them, you have no clue. It feels like I picked up a ton of power. A LOT. Happy customer here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info