• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

So who is going to tune since Kurgan is moving?

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
A little cut and paste from another site. I wrote this just over a year ago.

I just wanted to write a quick note and give my $.02

When I arrived at Mr. Norm's Garage last Friday I was greeted by Tim, his wife & some of the crew. That is when the southern hospitality kicked into full gear. As the Cobra cooled from its 50+ mile journey Jen and I were taken on a complete tour of his facility. Folks, anyone that is into cars would think they died and went to heaven. The display of old muscle, modern modified muscle, race cars & those neglected farm-house finds was fantastic.

After an hour or so it was time to strap the Cobra to the dyno and make a baseline run. My car is a 2004 Cobra with 2.3 New Generation Whipple along w/ supporting mods & 93 octane tune. The 2008 numbers were 600/570 SAE and I expected similar give or take due to miles and different dyno. Well, that didn't happen. What did come up was 535.42/498.44 SAE
104.gif
My initial thought was "what's wrong" as I am pushing 100K on it, but, it had been running fine. Tim assured me not to worry. The Whipple was @ 18# of boost and the engine is strong. Furthermore, he mentioned that his dyno throws out low numbers when compared to others. With all that said, and after several more pulls, me asking questions, Tim giving answers etc. we came to the 7th and final pull. The end-result 571.40/558.38 SAE.

As we wrapped up the 4 of us sat around the car and bs’ed for a while. Then Tim said take it out and tell me what you think. I played around a bit then on the way back I told Jen, “ready” and she said, “yes.” I was at 40- 45 MPH, put it in second and went WOT. Tell ya what… When Jen told me how much faster it felt… I couldn’t have agreed more and for the life of me… I couldn’t get that damn perma-grin off my face. When we got back to shop, I happily paid the bill and proceeded to spend another 15-20 minutes speaking w/ Tim and his wife.

To net it out… There are plenty of good / quality sponsors on this board and this one will fit in very nicely. I am not nor do I claim to be a car expert. I am however, a car enthusiast. Tim provided me w/ an exceptional experience. One in which I highly value and have no problem spending my hard-earned cash on. I would highly recommend Tim Barth @ Mr. Norms Garage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info