• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Bad Measurement :-(

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I just proved to myself that in order the install this TH400, one of the headers has to be removed.
M' F'er, really upset about this.

If you were me, would you just drop the K, do the job and re-install it.....
.....or put a K-Member in?

I dont really want to spend the money on it, but everytime I look how cramped this car is, it seems to make more and more sense.

I had a Team Z K Member once, but I sold it. If I buy a K Member and it makes god awful noises, im gonna hate the car and sell it :mad:

DOnt know what to do here. :(

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
My UPR doesn't make any noise and I love the extra room

Guess its hit or miss with the noises huh?

I dont want to spend the money on the K, thats why I havent bought one yet. :D

I have to push the car off the lift, turn it around in the sloped driveway, then push it back in and do all this on the floor.
Even though this is gonna be a shitload of work, I would rather spend 3 months working on this auto swap then ever having to deal with that gay ass stick shift again.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They almost always make noise and there's really no such thing as weight transfer on a 17" tire on regular roads. They save 100 lbs...which is hardly noticeable on the street.

Weight transfer of the body has nothing to do with the tires on it. And read up about sprung and un-sprung weight.

The weight loss on the front of the car and the extra room are huge pluses to doing a K member.

My UPR doesn't make any noise and I love the extra room

The K member itself should not make any noise unless it is flexing or just poorly built or designed.

The control arm choice can effect things some. A rubber or poly control arm bushing will be quieter than a rod end style of course.

And some people have issues with noise when they use coil overs. But there are kits that allow you to use coil mounts on the a arms. Some kits even allow you to use factory control arms.

If you want the some thing that is beefed up more than your average drag race K member check out the Maximum Motorsports K members and parts. Their road race k members are going to be some thing you may want to upgrade to.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Guess its hit or miss with the noises huh?

I dont want to spend the money on the K, thats why I havent bought one yet. :D

I have to push the car off the lift, turn it around in the sloped driveway, then push it back in and do all this on the floor.
Even though this is gonna be a shitload of work, I would rather spend 3 months working on this auto swap then ever having to deal with that gay ass stick shift again.
If you need a hand pushing, just give me a call or text.
Weight transfer of the body has nothing to do with the tires on it. And read up about sprung and un-sprung weight.

The weight loss on the front of the car and the extra room are huge pluses to doing a K member.

The K member itself should not make any noise unless it is flexing or just poorly built or designed.

The control arm choice can effect things some. A rubber or poly control arm bushing will be quieter than a rod end style of course.

And some people have issues with noise when they use coil overs. But there are kits that allow you to use coil mounts on the a arms. Some kits even allow you to use factory control arms.

If you want the some thing that is beefed up more than your average drag race K member check out the Maximum Motorsports K members and parts. Their road race k members are going to be some thing you may want to upgrade to.

I understand that, but I honestly don't think zack would feel much (if any) difference considering the car is really only going to be used on the street.

I don't think mine makes any noise, but honestly the car is so loud I can't tell :lmao:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Zack I wouldnt do the K member if youre never gonna really take apart the headers again. I did it only because I was kinda listening to someone, and cuz I was going to a complete coil over setup and it made sense. It was also so easy to do my longtubes. Mine is PA racing and it does not make any noises, but if I was doing it all over again Id opt out of it. Just my .02. Oh and if you do decide to do a K swap do a QA1 from what I hear and read it has the best street manners and is very durable.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

Ill never go to the tubular a arms again. Derlin sucks! Im swapped back to factory a arm and strange coil over and what a difference. this made my headaches go away. MM k members are nice too.

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
When I had my '03 I had Hans install an AJE racing kmember. I thought it was gonna be the shiznit. It had the coilovers that I thought too was gonna be billy badass.

It was noisy as fuck. Made a ton of racket and drove like shit. I lugged that fucken stock kmember back to Hans' shop and paid to have it swapped.

I imagine it has its benefits and I think the coils bending and grinding against the the threaded area was where the noise came from.....but at the end of the day I was happy as hell to have the noises and creaking go by by.

Good Luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info