• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2011 GT500 Dyno with Headers

venom55

Jan 30, 2011
I wanted to share the surprised gains I got from just added 1 7/8 American racing Headers in place of the off road x pipe. This was done with the same street tune, same day, the same dyno at SPEED Inc. We expected to see little power gains with the work that is already done. Those headers must flow even better than the x pipe, lost 3lbs boost still.. 39 whp gain, 42 tq.

Finally some nice weather today:lmao: Anyone up for Route 66 tomm. and some cruising at night???

Sorry attachment of dyno to big???? PM your e-mail if you want see it.

Thanks,
Joe

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Here's Joe's dyno sheet and video. Sorry I didn't get it posted last night, I wasn't home all night

Streettunewithheaders.jpg

venom55

Jan 30, 2011
Here is the parts list so far.. you can see from the tune it is running just a little rich, going to have Lund retune it and do a race tune with c116 for the track. Thanks for the props!!
SVT Performance Package: 373 gear, SVT suspension, Street: 20x10 SVT Wheels, 315,35/20 Nitto NT05R Drag radials, 19x9.5 SVT Wheels 265/35/19 Goodyear Eagle f1. Track: WELD RT-S 15x10 Wheels, 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Streets, WELD RT-S 17x4 Wheels, 185/55/17 M&H Frontrunners

Dress up:
Shelby signed Build Plate
Shelby Billet Interior Kit
Shelby Billet Engine caps
Shelby Billet Battery Case
Shelby Quarter Window Louvers
Limo window tint
Shelby Embroidered mats
Shelby Cover
MRT- Hood Struts

Exhaust:
American Racing Headers 1 7/8 Longtube headers
Magnaflow magnapack catback

Performance:
Kenne Bell 2.8 LC Stage 3 competion supercharger 20lbs boost
72lb Boush injectors
Kenne Bell boost a pump
Tasca EVAP Relocation kit
Mammoth 130mm intake
KB Dual 75 mm Throttle Body
NGK TR-6 Plugs
Jon Lund custom tune( SCT X3 Tuner)
Dynotech Aluminum 4inch driveshaft and loop
AFCO dual heat exchanger
AFCO high capacity radiator
170 Thermostat
JLT Oil Separator
EVO motor mounts
Stillen front and rear drilled vented brake rotors
CHE Upper Control Arm
MGW Shifter and Shelby knob
JPC Line Lock

Gauges:
Speed of Sound dual a pillar pods
Autometer Cobalt boost
Autometer Digital Wideband

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
NKG TR6 plug 1 degree cooler, .030 gap.. Bob could i have you retune my car?? I have an SCT tuner, it was remote tuned by Jon Lund on a dynojet at SPEED inc. I also want a C116 tune for the track.. If you can please PM me.. Joe

the first thing i would do is get a new set of NGK BR7EF and gap em around .022-.024... this is a CHEAP and quick test.. if that solves it, i would contact lund and ask him to richen up your tune... if all else fails, send me an email and we can talk.

thanks and goodluck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info