• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How wide should I make my wheels?

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
OK, I have 2 extra wheels for my cobra. I want to have them widened. How wide can I go before it looks like a low rider and the stick out past the fenders?

I have a solid our of a Mach 1 that has 9" ends welded on. it is the factory length that it was. so non of that changes. I also have cobra brakes so would that screw up anything?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
put 335's on it.....you can make them fit

where is the pic of the ass end of andy cobravenom's old cobra
Too wide, they stick out past the fenders a hair. 315's are the perfect width for these cars.....IMO.

Also......Jimmy......why widen the stockers? It's cheaper to sell the stockers and just find a pair of 10.5 inch replicas of the stockers. Widening the wheels will cost you more.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Too wide, they stick out past the fenders a hair. 315's are the perfect width for these cars.....IMO.

Also......Jimmy......why widen the stockers? It's cheaper to sell the stockers and just find a pair of 10.5 inch replicas of the stockers. Widening the wheels will cost you more.

I like my 10th ann. wheels and the replicas don't look right :alcoholic

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
theres a thread on the gt/sohc section on corral about this exact subject. Seems people have done 18x11.5 with 345/18 bfg's with out sticking out the fender.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1277668

Pic of a mach 1 with that setup.

mach-1-rear-tire.jpg

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I like my 10th ann. wheels and the replicas don't look right :alcoholic
I agree . I also bought the replicas in the staggered 18" and hated them the minute they went on the car but I gave them a chance and ended up going back to the 18" staggered AFS wheels. I also agree with Larry the 315's are the perfect width. Send your stockers out and widen them IMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info