• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone get one of these new 5.0s yet?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Just wondering if anyone bought a new GT yet? I love the new body style, and would get one in a second if I could get it fully loaded with the nav, backup camera and glass roof. Then I would NEED the procharger D1 kit for it and it would be complete. Too bad a fully loaded GT is $40K sticker and the procharger kit is another $5200. Might as well buy the 2011 GT500. What do you guys think?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
a vette has a full tubular steel frame.

apples to oranges.

No it doesn't. It really has a hydroformed steel frame rail setup. And no supports to tie together the A and B pillars like the mustang with the clear roof would have.

Chevrolet%20Corvette%20C6%20chassis%20-%20modernracer.jpg

V

venmousracer

why a blower when n/a with the right bolt ons you can run mid to high 11's? No disrepect the gt500 with a blower should do the same with a radial and all else stock with the factory blower heck high 10's to mid 10's with BPU mods……. The new 5.0 is an awsome choice in my book way better motor technology than the 5.4 mod motor.. Eddie

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Glass roof in a 600 hp car does not sound structurally sound

Actually more so because there are more return bends along the sides from the a to b pillars than on the metal top coupe. The problem is the extra added weight. Wonder what the weight diff is between them.....there goes the 102 pound aluminum block savings..........

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
probably, but I would never make a race car out of a vert or a t-top car.:dunno:

Thats true, but I never said I was making a racecar. I was just toying around with the idea of getting a new car, and the only car that I could afford and would be a suitable replacement for the GT500 would be IMHO the 2011 GT loaded with a blower. It was just an idea.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
Thats true, but I never said I was making a racecar. I was just toying around with the idea of getting a new car, and the only car that I could afford and would be a suitable replacement for the GT500 would be IMHO the 2011 GT loaded with a blower. It was just an idea.

thought u liked the GT500, why wanna get a GT, kinda steppin down, no?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
It was just a thought. I love my GT500 and I am going to keep it and get the GT too if I can. I need another year or two to get my 500 paid off, so then I may get the new GT as a street car, and make the 500 the track car. Or I may pickup another vette. The new style GS vette is calling my name like crazy, or an 08 or newer Z06. The plan is to keep the GT500 if all possible, but get it setup for the track. No more driving it on the street unless its to a car show.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
It was just a thought. I love my GT500 and I am going to keep it and get the GT too if I can. I need another year or two to get my 500 paid off, so then I may get the new GT as a street car, and make the 500 the track car. Or I may pickup another vette. The new style GS vette is calling my name like crazy, or an 08 or newer Z06. The plan is to keep the GT500 if all possible, but get it setup for the track. No more driving it on the street unless its to a car show.

no thought, get the Z

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

why would you set up a 4,000 lb, $50k car for the track?

you could build something faster for just the purchase price of a GT500 and you won't be kicking yourself in the ass for tearing up such an expensive car.

if anything keep the GT500 as a street car and buy something light and cheap that you can tear in to without feeling bad

or, even better, sell GT500 and get a vette

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info