• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Leaking power steering fluid! Please help

peach76

May 4, 2010
i just noticed that i had a fluid that was leaking out of my 03. after identifying the fluid (power steering fluid), i looked for the source. i have a drip at the center of the wide part of the boot on the steering rack, on the drivers side. this all started a couple of days ago. funny thing is,the car has'nt been driven in over a month! it has 53k mi.
so im pretty much looking for opinions on what to do about it. is it a tough fix for your somewhat knowlegable do it your selfer? how much to have done?
THANK YOU in advance for ALL replys!!:biggthump

04cobrawhine

Regular
Nov 19, 2008
needs a new rack. you can try a "chemical solution" but i wouldnt recomend it. a shop would charge about 3.5 hours to put one in but its not all that hard. bsicly just dissconect the tie rod ends, rack bolts, stearing shaft and lines. if youre somewhat "knowlegable" you shouldnt have a probrolem. i believe you can also just replace the seals, but you need specialty tools and they are not fun to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• peach76
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list