• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2.93 and 4 pound or 2.76 upper

ron

Regular
Apr 4, 2009
What's a better combo, a 2.93 upper with a 4 pound lower or 2.76 upper only. On a stock unported eaton. Will I need a boastapump or bigger injecters, were can I get a good tune now that bob is gone. What kind of boost and tq number with both combos. Mods are jlt intake,catted xpipe,borla stingers,daul pass intercooler and bigger tank. car has 25000 miles. I have the 2.93 and could buy the 4 pound lower or sell the 2.93 for a 2.76 Whats the best cooling head mod . Sorry about all the question thanks Ron :dunno:

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
Get the 4lb lower. Good head cooling mod is the evenflow gen2 from lethal. If you want, i have a stage 5 steggy with 500 miles i can sell you for $500, comes with the 2.76. That way since your looking to buy the injectors and bap your good for 500+rwhp.... Tim barth at Mr.Norms is a great tuner.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
What's a better combo, a 2.93 upper with a 4 pound lower or 2.76 upper only. On a stock unported eaton. Will I need a boastapump or bigger injecters, were can I get a good tune now that bob is gone. What kind of boost and tq number with both combos. Mods are jlt intake,catted xpipe,borla stingers,daul pass intercooler and bigger tank. car has 25000 miles. I have the 2.93 and could buy the 4 pound lower or sell the 2.93 for a 2.76 Whats the best cooling head mod . Sorry about all the question thanks Ron :dunno:

My $.02 (staying unported)

2.76 upper / stock lower and look into the BF 4-pc. idler kit http://www.billetflow.com/IdlerBracket.htm

The only other thing I could see that you might need would be a Diablo MAFia.

Just a FYI: Only when I went Whipple did I go w/ 60# injectors, LP Dual FPDM wire harness kit, Ford GT Fuel Pumps etc...

In regards to a tune. From posts I've read I understand that Bob Kurgan will be coming back from time to time. May I suggest you call him at his new shop and inquire. Another quality alternative in IL is Tim Barth @ Mr. Norms garage.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I would go with the injectors, BAP,MAFia and port the blower or just buy Bogdans Stage 5 as its a deal and a half @ 500.00 with the 2.76. Also would go with the lower pulley. I am reading 19psi of boost. Also I would highly recommend a Tim Barth tune @Mr Norms Garage. Since he tuned my car its the best its ever run and has stock driveability until you hit boost than its sick!

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
the stage 5 steggy you have is that the one with a ported lower and you wanted mine in trade, do you have any pic's and the steggy number thanks Ron

no i havent had a chance to take pics, but it will come with the steggy receipt. i dont need an exchange anymore. im selling just the steggy, ported lower if you need it for an extra $200. like i said the blower has around 500-1000 miles on it. its still like a brand new port.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info