• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

clutch question for 2004 cobra

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
get a centerforce DFX if you intend to install the Whipple in the near future. If it's going to be a while, get the Dual Friction. Both are available w/26 spline discs.
Get a Fidanza aluminum flywheel and a Ford racing TOB.
Install an aftermarket Steeda quick release quadrant and locking style firewall adjuster and freeplay kit if you don't have them already.
Get a Liberty 26 spline input shaft and a shim kit. Their's comes with the input shaft bearing, the others don't. Makes the job a lot easier.

Stock, the T-56 comes with a 10 spline input shaft as mentipned above. They bend and break fairly easily after just the most minor mods. If the clutch hasn't been changed, then you have a 10 spline. The only way to know for sure, if you aren't the original owner, is to drop the trans.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'll try to help.

Dan

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Who does good clutch work, and how much do they generally cost to install? I was thinking about throwing in a spec 2+ or spec 3 myself.

Shops usually charge between $300-350 for the install.

Dan aka DANA can do them and it may save you some cash.

Its not that hard to install on these cars, well for me anyway, you can do this yourself, and keep the $ in your pocket!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info