• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Well turbo is out of the question now what

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Any of the current twin screws will get you there. With a 2.8H or 2.9, you'll likely need more than just the BAP and 60's (see Izzy's post above) to support the fuel needs if you spin it hard. You'll probably need new pumps too. In addition, you'll need a BA2400 or a mafia.

To go mid 10's with 600 rwhp you're also gonna need to optimize the rest of the combo (traction in the low 1.5's, solid axle most likely, track experience, decent air).

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Any of the current twin screws will get you there. With a 2.8H or 2.9, you'll likely need more than just the BAP and 60's (see Izzy's post above) to support the fuel needs if you spin it hard. You'll probably need new pumps too. In addition, you'll need a BA2400 or a mafia.

To go mid 10's with 600 rwhp you're also gonna need to optimize the rest of the combo (traction in the low 1.5's, solid axle most likely, track experience, decent air).

Listen to '"THE MAN" he knows I did:biggthump

chet3310

TCG Elite Member
Dec 21, 2008
:thinking:

Not sure who told you that but that is not true at all. When cams are installed correctly with the right supporting valve train parts you can pick up 40+ WHP depending on other mods.

I gained 90rwhp with headers/cam in my C5.

imop they are not wort the time or money but to each his own

The right combo works great! They're awesome for LS cars!

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I was gonna put it back to stock and trade it in but don't think that's gonna happen went and looked at one tonight and they offered me 18,000 def not what I need to get rid of it
So real money they are probably giving you 14-15 at best depending on what they have in the Jeep your buying. Unless its a new SRT8 jeep. And in April its another year older so they will give you less.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Ya I know I think I'm just gonna have to keep the cobra I'm not gonna take that much of a loss on it

I dont blame you. Unless its a dire need situation do what you can to keep it. Hope it all works out none the less though. Problem is with trade ins they look at what they can buy the car at the auction for and offer you that or less. Sucks when you have a trade in easier when your just throwing some cash down.

ChitownSVT04

Regular
Jun 6, 2010
I dont blame you. Unless its a dire need situation do what you can to keep it. Hope it all works out none the less though. Problem is with trade ins they look at what they can buy the car at the auction for and offer you that or less. Sucks when you have a trade in easier when your just throwing some cash down.

Ya it sucks they won't give me anywhere close to what I owe on it and I have a hard time believing I'll get what I owe if I sell it private so im not sure what I'm gonna do yet

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Doing anything to the car is going to cost money.
Doing a twin screw will be in the neighborhood of $5000.
Doing a solid will also be in the $5000 area.
Do you really want to spend that much on a car you may be getting rid of in 6 months?
Just throw a pulley and a tune and decent tires on it and enjoy what you have. If it turns out that you are keeping the car next year, then consider doing more upgrades to it.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Doing anything to the car is going to cost money.
Doing a twin screw will be in the neighborhood of $5000.
Doing a solid will also be in the $5000 area.
Do you really want to spend that much on a car you may be getting rid of in 6 months?
Just throw a pulley and a tune and decent tires on it and enjoy what you have. If it turns out that you are keeping the car next year, then consider doing more upgrades to it.
:ditto:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info