• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Problem with new long block

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
Car fired up today great, no problems. I go to the gas station to fill it up because i was on empty. On the way home the oil pressure falls all the way down. Wtf.... :confused: I check all the wiring when i got home and even went out to get a brand new oil pressure sensor. After i replaced that it did nothing. I replaced the oil filter also nothing. What could it be? I hooked up 2 different autometer oil pressure gauges and they both read 0. Could it be the oil pump on a brand new longblock or am i missing something??

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
not sure if it is related or not, but on modfords there were guys having oil pump problems in new long blocks.
Not sure of the cause, it was months ago, but maybe something to do with the crank position in the block.
Check where the crankshaft comes out of the front cover for contact marks.

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
not sure if it is related or not, but on modfords there were guys having oil pump problems in new long blocks.
Not sure of the cause, it was months ago, but maybe something to do with the crank position in the block.
Check where the crankshaft comes out of the front cover for contact marks.

i dont think thats it, i popped my oil cap off while the engine was running and it almost sucked my hand in. what do you think could that be? i put the cap back on and took off the pcv filter on the drivers head and it seems like the blower is sucking in air from that one port back there and when i plug it the oil pressure drops all the way.... now im really stumped.

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
figured out it was because of pcv. put a breather on my passenger side and all is good. I didnt think the pcv from the blower sucks that hard from the drivers side head that it would kill oil pressure. weird.... anyone have any suggestions on routing it or maybe slowing down the vaccum because on initial startup its not rising as quick as it should?? im using a jlt pre pcv filter. maybe go back to stock?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
figured out it was because of pcv. put a breather on my passenger side and all is good. I didnt think the pcv from the blower sucks that hard from the drivers side head that it would kill oil pressure. weird.... anyone have any suggestions on routing it or maybe slowing down the vaccum because on initial startup its not rising as quick as it should?? im using a jlt pre pcv filter. maybe go back to stock?

Are you sure everything is hooked up properly?

There is no PVC on the passenger side from the factory.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
100% sure. right now im only using a jlt pre pvc filter on the drivers side and just a breather on passenger. is it suppose to suck really hard from the blower on the driver side pvc??

Its supposed to suck cause its under vacuum.

Are you telling us that there is no PCV valve on the drivers side, just a pre-whatever is on there?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info