• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cobra Nitto Tires...?

futbolislif22

see ya
Oct 11, 2007
well its about that time of the year to take the car out of hibernation! I do have the Nitto NT-01 Tires 35R17 R17 35R tires on my 03 cobra . I am gonna be doing highway driving but hear good and bad things about it if it rains on the freeway. Is there a certain speed or precaution i should take if if does start to rain on the freeway or roads? Will it keep traction or cause an accident? Just trying to take as much precaution before hand. also how will they hold up driving about 200-250 miles on the highway? Thanks

futbolislif22

see ya
Oct 11, 2007
well its about that time of the year to take the car out of hibernation! I do have the Nitto NT-01 Tires 35R17 R17 35R tires on my 03 cobra . I am gonna be doing highway driving but hear good and bad things about it if it rains on the freeway. Is there a certain speed or precaution i should take if if does start to rain on the freeway or roads? Will it keep traction or cause an accident? Just trying to take as much precaution before hand. also how will they hold up driving about 200-250 miles on the highway? Thanks

otherwise i would want to switch them out...mb a trade (like Nitto NT 555 Extreme Tires or something else good) but open to others. NEED INPUT

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
There's no way in hell I would drive with NT01 on my car if there was a chance of rain. Those tires have large blocks of tread, so there's not much in way of grooves for rain to escape. If you want a "sticky" tire that you can daily drive on, even in the rain, 555r drag radials are about your only choice. All the other drag radials are the same as the NT01, huge tread blocks and very few/no rain grooves.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
The NT555r is the tire I used to go from Vegas to Birmingham, AL in the (Mustangs Across America Tour....just thought I'd toss this in here ) and along the way I was in all kinds of weather, even though it was typically for very brief periods. The tire did just fine, and of course I was careful when it was cold, snowing, raining etc., but it did it all, and with no problems. They never spun at cold wet stoplights, no drifting out for NO REASON in rain or slushy snow rain mixes, we hit it all and the Nitto's are just fine.

Both my MT's and BFG's were 35-45 mph MAX rain tires, and rightfuly so, the Nitto's are a street tire that's sticky enough to race and all I ever got out of them was 36-4500 miles tops, but I spun them a lot also. I only got 900-1500 from MT's and BFG's.

The best part was the hook when I needed it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info