• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

cutting stock vert springs?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
We've done several. Well more than several actually.

I don't really think the end results would differ much between the vert and the coupe.
We were cutting 3/4 coil from the front and 1 coil from the rear, or 3/4 all the way around.

The good thing about this is that if you are unhappy with the results, used stock springs are available cheap and you can just keep experimenting.

It only takes a couple of hours to do all 4 springs.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
If there were complaints, no one said anything. Or no one minded the change in ride because the car looked so much better.
No sorry, i don't have any pics, but so many have been done like this, there has to be a ton of pics out there for you to view.
And yes, sounds like you have everything covered.
The down side is you have to be a lot more careful going over bumps and such. These cars will definitely scrape if lowered very much.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
sorry, I don't positively remember which end to cut. You have to examine the spring and look at both ends to see which end is unchanged as you progress up the coil.
I think the bottom is cut on the fronts, but not sure about the rears.
There are indexing locations on the front LCA's.
The rears must be clocked properly too.

dlaude6

Regular
Mar 27, 2009
New Lenox, IL
+1 i want to do mine too

I FINALLY got around to doing this, it went well. First time around me and my buddy did it and it took a LONG time, we took our sweet times and we didn't want to rush to mess anything up. We also did the CC plates so that took some time also. Cut 1/2 coil. Let it settle a few days, and it was definitely lower, but IMO it sat where the car should have been from the factory. Couple days later I did it by myself and since I knew what I was doing I knocked it out alone in just a few hours. Cut another 1/4 coil, and it sits PERFECT IMO. I'd want it a little lower, but my exhaust does not want it to go lower. So I'm keeping it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info