• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How do you prevent water from coming in the Hood Vents?

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
The stock one's had the plastic tabbed vents that helped, but most people cut them open. Honestly, I never had an issue cause I didn't drive it in the rain. When I washed the car, I just threw a couple of towels to help plug the holes.

I do the towels under the hood too. But I also started the car that way once, forgetting they were there. That was a mistake I never made again, LOL. Now I usually wrap a piece of tape around the key to remind me to take the towels out before starting it up!

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I also cut the plastic underneath the stock vent off to open fully and never had any problems after car washes. I've never driven in the rain.

The water falls down right behind the radiator and in front of the engine anyways. If you peak right down through the hood vents.

I agree with everyone else; it's just water! No biggie. :alcoholic

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info