• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Its Finally Done.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Friday I finally buttoned everything up and drove the car around so far so good. Just needs alighnment and shes ready for the road.

Stuff that was powdercoated

KB inlet plenum-flat black
Lower manifold-flat black
valve covers-wrinkle black
pulley bridge-wrinkle black
small pulley bridge-wrinkle black
coolant crossover-wrinkle black
intercooler reservior-wrinkle black
intercooler crossover adapter-flat black
Egr Deleted.

Sorry for the iphone pics but its the only camera I have right now. These pics do it no justice have to see in person. The wrinkle really pops out.

A special thanks to Zack for taking the time to come by and help me out quite a bit.

Attachments

• iphone pics 147.jpg
    iphone pics 147.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 144
  • iphone pics 148.jpg
    iphone pics 148.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 147
  • iphone pics 149.jpg
    iphone pics 149.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 144
  • iphone pics 151.jpg
    iphone pics 151.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 147

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Turned out nice!!!!

How did you get the valve covers on and off? Move the motor or move the hydro boost?

Dan

Thank you guys for all the compliments, I have been waiting for this day until I can post up these pics.

Dan I just undid the motormounts and the trans brace, and jacked everything up and manipulated the covers on, Zack was there to help out. I thing this was easier than undoing the brake booster and having to bleed the system!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Thank you guys for all the compliments, I have been waiting for this day until I can post up these pics.

Dan I just undid the motormounts and the trans brace, and jacked everything up and manipulated the covers on, Zack was there to help out. I thing this was easier than undoing the brake booster and having to bleed the system!

Larry (GNXS) and I were talking about how to do that and the best way to get it done. Maybe you can give him a shout about it.

Supposedly you can loosen up and move the booster and the proportioning valve enough without disconnecting any lines, to get the covers on and off. I don't know...
I have never tried it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon.

Dan

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Larry (GNXS) and I were talking about how to do that and the best way to get it done. Maybe you can give him a shout about it.

Supposedly you can loosen up and move the booster and the proportioning valve enough without disconnecting any lines, to get the covers on and off. I don't know...
I have never tried it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon.

Dan
Dan,

I don't have an issue taking the valve cover off in the car......I've done it the same way fuel slut did, loosen the motor mount, jack the motor and ease it out.

I want to find out the best way to drop the motor in with both valve covers on and LT headers on too. Jacking up the motor is alot more difficult with the LT's on as the back of the header interferes with the car body when trying to jack it up.

Car looks good Fuel Slut. :clap:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Just unbolt the K-Member.....
Loosen all bolts until it drops about 2 inches.

We used 2 fully threaded 7/16 inch diameter rods about 12 inches long. Nuts and washers on both ends. We replaced the front k-member bolts with these rods, one on each side, one in the front hole and one in the rear hole.
This then allows you to drop the k-member any amount you need, up to about 10 inches or so.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Dan,

I don't have an issue taking the valve cover off in the car......I've done it the same way fuel slut did, loosen the motor mount, jack the motor and ease it out.

I want to find out the best way to drop the motor in with both valve covers on and LT headers on too. Jacking up the motor is alot more difficult with the LT's on as the back of the header interferes with the car body when trying to jack it up.

Car looks good Fuel Slut. :clap:

I'm so confused...
I'm blaming it on the drugs...
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info