• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Whadya know? More parts that dont fit...

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
This is about my Fore Triple hat. Im not gonna bash, just give my findings...they will get a call from me in the morning.

First off, please verify this looks like the inside of a Cobra tank:
100_2014.jpg

Straight from the directions how the pumps should be setup, and the measurement:

100_2018.jpg

100_2022.jpg

Taking some preliminary measurements, I get 6 1/8" :
100_2017.jpg

Here is what the fuel socks look like when installed...Just a short trip to NAPA and id bet they could find fuel socks that dont overlap. This is not an ideal setup IMHO.
100_2029.jpg

And the clincher:
100_2025.jpg

LOL you see that shit? ^^^^^ Thats 6 1/2" Measured from the bottom of the top of the hat. I know we need to figure in the thickness of the gasket, which is 1/8" max. So 6 3/8" Does that add up??

So then I made sure the bottom of the tank was not dented, as the instructions told me to do if it did not seat:

100_2026.jpg

Looks good to me, I even put a straight edge on it and its fine.

So, either im a complete dummy and did something wrong, or what else? Really? Story of my life.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Justin called me today and did agree the 6.5" depth is not correct.
He's looking into a possible fuel sock change he wasnt made aware of, but in the meantime they are sending me 3 different style fuel socks.

Im happy with the service/follow through they have given me so far, and it will all end well.

I understand they are limited to what fuel socks they can offer because the alignment pin on the pumps need to be used in conjunction with the fuel socks.
If im not satisfied with the arrangement of the new socks I get, Ill just cut the retainer portion off and adhere the sock to the pump, preventing it from falling off. This way I can arrange the socks however I want to avoid overlapping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info