Cobalt ss guys...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
My lil bro has a 2006 ss cobalt... mods consist of... intake, 2.9 pulley, cobra heatexchanger, header, downpipe, plugs, and i believe that's it, and it's got a wide band for tuning. Now... I read up on how to tune these things which imo is way harder than gp's so far. I added fuel via maf for wot because it's 12.5-13.5 and that's to lean, and it doesn't seem to be making any changes. Finally after about 5k it starts to richen up to 12.2-12.5 and pulls really hard until about 6k where it loses boost for some reason. From 14psi down to 8psi and starts doing what sounds like misfiring, you can hear the blower make a gurgling sound? I have no idea what's going on there...

Just seeing if any of you guys could give any input to help me out here. I just can't figure it out, i've added fuel using all sources and i got nothing. I'm leaning towards the shitty ass file zzp sent me right now, it sucks. If they would have sent him a computer with this bullshit in it he wouldn't have even been able to drive the damn car. I had to fix so many things right away just so it'll idle. I tried numerous times to get a different file with obvious unanswered emails... jerks... I was going to attach a scan but i guess we can't upload hpl?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
well considering ZZPs canned tune isnt for E85 would be your problem.

i personally wouldnt run e85, our injectors are not made for it at all and your just going to cause problems.

60lbs are good size but only if your using 93 or 100. u can hit over 400 with 60lbs.

dont run e85 tahts your problem

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The car barely idles with 93 octane it's wayyy to rich. The injectors are have nothing to do with e85...? I have the same injectors in my gtp and they work just fine? At wot on 93 octane running sub 10 afr's because it's way to rich the ipw's are at like 9 lol, that's horrible. To much injector imo so i figure use e85 and try to take advantage of the injectors a little more. Even on e85 at wot they are only at 35% duty cycle or 10.5 for the ipw's. They are way to big, maybe he should just get 42.5's instead and go back to gasoline? As for mods he's pretty much done besides some drivetrain upgrades so he doesn't need this much fuel. The question is still there, do you know how to add fuel via hptuners?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
its tuned wrong. and i do not know how lol.

60lbs is what u need and want with 93 octane. i was running 42lbs with 93 octane and hitting 10.6 at wot with the GM tune at 123% IDC

although he still is running a 2.9 so he should just keep the 42lbs because thats enough safely. 60lbs is being on the safe side or if u want to run a leaner / safer tune.

check out the cobaltss.net theres alot of info on there. i can ask my buddy to. but seriously e85 is a bad idea.

Super_SS

CantStopSPINNIN
Nov 30, 2007
Chicago
Real Name
uh?
with 2.9 and 42lbs his wot afr would of been around 11.2-12.0 to redline..obviously after some time the injectors would go bad as they are bein pushed to there limit,but are still doin its job..had a balt with exact same mods as ur brothers,but with a 2.8 and 42lbs on my balt,and had a 11.8afr to redline

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
i can send u a few different base tunes for the balt and u can tweak them from there and it will be damn close and should solve ur problems

If you could that would be fantastic! We're waiting on another one from zzp to fix the idle problem it has which is fucking annoying IMO. Honestly zzp hasn't been very helpful at all, and the header they sent my brother fucking blows balls. Thankfully the guys at SDD fixed it all up for him.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm not 1 for bashing vendors but... yea... they said his new injectors were in stock... been 2 weeks still don't have them. wtf zzp! I personally haven't had a problem at all, i order something and it's here the next day, but they're treating my brother like shit imo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info