Verson 2. Its offical, My honda is gone.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm gonna miss it, but I think the MAIN thing I'm gonna miss is driving stick, I personally hated commuting in it with no AC, and with such a firm ride, so I'm not really crushed over that, and it wasn't exactly a looker, so its not like I will never be able to find another one.

But regardless, The time had come to move on, Between Credit Card Interest, Insurance, Gas, and Modifying it, I was spending WAAAAAAAAAY to much money on a 1992 honda, and I've accepted that, but since I was given the car for free, I luckily really haven't 'lost' very much money through this experiance when its all said and done. But I have learned how to do damn near ANYTHING to almost any honda civic ever made, I've done a motor swap on my OWN, and towed it to the track and back to see what it had, so I guess you could say "I've done everything I could have with the car, and experianced everything, and I have come to terms that its not worth investing any more money into it"

For the next month or two I'll be mixing it up and probably daily driving Kims half-ton just for a change of pace because driving the focus 100% of the time just isn't any fun. Its a great little car, but my biggest issues with it are coming to Fruition... It can barely pass cars when the A/C is on, It really is only getting 28-29mpg on the freeway, and its just kinda a 'basic' car, so it is time to move on.

I will not be able to BUY a car for another month or 2, apparently I had an account hit collections that I forgot about 6 months ago for my canceled old phone service (home phone that we had for a month when we first move in) that got kicked to "Deragetory" so my credit score dropped for July :sad:, I paid that immediatly, and 100% of my credit debt will be gone by the end of the month making September/October Debt-Free, with all accounts paid 100% which should help knock my score up so I don't get raped on used car interested when I buy my next car...

Sorry for the rant, Just kinda needed to Vent.

Any other sub 18K cars I should be test driving guys? :hs:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Fine. Heres the thoughts when I sold my GP.

"damn, GPs look ugly with no fucking front bumper. Ohh well. He works in a body shop. It will be fixed in no time. *drives by* Damn my old car sounds hot. Especially in this underground parking garage. I loved driving in it. Especially with the windows down and just rev it up a tiny bit. Ohh well. Time to go order some shit for the Regal"

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
RSX's get about 28mpg on highway and like 20 on street

those are pretty nice

RX8's too but idk if youd be a fan of the doors

base-Model RSX's do not get stellar mileage IIRC, and -S's are still fairly costly IIRC.

RX8's EAT gas, AND oil, and are not terribly reliable, but I do Love the way the cars look and handle (I've driven one)

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I was curious on peoples input as far as what they did after they sold their toy, etc. Its like Breaking an addiction.

I got over :dunno: Its just a car man. It isn't attached to your dick, lol. I traded the T/A for a reason... I got this truck last wednesday and I've already put 600 miles on it from hauling stuff.

Just get another addiction!!! Do you realize how many other cars are out there? Theres always something better, if not.....well then that sucks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info